Chapter 14 - Afraid

CUPCAKES! Finally, the fourteenth chapter is out. For my dear and lovely readers, I wrote this and I sincerely hope you like it because it was made a bit in a hurry, you know, between going to the beach... bla, bla, bla... The busy life of vacations. So, here it is!

I woke up to the sound of the singing birds outside, something I really love to hear because the melody produced is so beautiful. I close my eyes listening to it but someone moves and I look to see who is it.

- Good morning, Cami. - I smile as she rubs her eyes vigorously.

- Hey, Vilu. Good morning.

She looks around and notices we're the only woken up.

- What about preparing breakfast? - She whispers.

I nod and widely smile. We slowly get out of our improvised beds and try to do the less noise possible. Already downstairs, we find Andrés sleeping on the couch. Cami and I share a strange look and shrug, heading to the kitchen.

- Well, I don't know where the things are. - I say, looking around, once we reach it.

- But I do. - Camila wiggles her eyebrows.

She takes out plates, bowls, cups out of the cupboard an then eggs, ham, cheese, milk, juice and bacon out of the fridge. She places all of them onto the island of the kitchen.

- Uh, bread!

Cami flies to a specific cupboard and takes out sliced bread. Somehow, she knows where the pan and toaster are and brings them to the same place.

- Vilu, the glasses are over there. Take them and fill... five of juice and three of milk. Then, cut every slice of bread in two, to make it a sandwich, and put ham in five and cheese in three. I'll fry the bacon and the eggs.

I did as she said and ten minutes after the breakfast was done.

- I'll set the table, you put things in their place.

When we were finishing, the girls and the boys were coming down. Even Andrés was waking up.

- What's this delicious smell? - Maxi asks, delightful.

- You're smelling fried bacon and eggs. - Cami comes to the living room table and places a bit of bacon and egg on each plate. Maxi runs to sit, while the others sit slowly.

- Your knowledges of my kitchen were useful, hum? - Fran giggles with Cami.

- But without Vilu's help I wouldn't have done it so fast. - Everyone looks at me, even León, and that look sent shivers down my spine.

- Thank you, Vilu! - They all say at the same time.

I can only smile at them and then, I don't know how, at León, who is doing the same.

- Where are your parents? - Naty asks Fran.

- Sleeping untill noon. Don't worry. - She smiles.

We peacefully ate and, twenty minutes later, we took everything off the table to walk upstairs.

******

Dear mom

I arrived home now. It was great fun, I swear, besides being special... I haven't told you, mom, but last night I had my first kiss!!! Yes, finally! And it was León who gave it to me! I am so glad he was my first because it's the guy I'm in love with and that makes the kiss even more special. I was wishing for it a long time ago and once I thought it was all in my mind but, fortunately I was wrong. He wouldn't kiss me if he didn't feel anything, right?