Chapter 21 - Moments like these

Hey, sweeties!!! I don't know how I wrote this so quickly, but I hope you'll like it anyway. Bittersweet again, I guess. And for that I'm sorry, but when their «love meet accomplish», it will be suuuper cute, I promise. Just PLEASE tell me: from 1 to 10, how would you rate what León replied to her when she said she was afraid. I'm asking for cuteness level. Enjoy, cupcakes!!!

I was walking past the entrance door, smiling around. I was happy with myself. Why?

Two months gone since we had made that promise. Two months and I had been sober, no crying or suffering, no almost kisses or deep exchange of looks. Just friends. On that very day, I had made a decision, a pact with myself and that was being just friends with him, not only to not disappoint him, but also because I had to keep in mind his words. "One day, our love will meet accomplish." It was my insurance, so why bother with tears and pain?

I had made a promise and two months later it was still up. And I was proud of that. Of course, we were both in love with each other, that couldn't change. Sometimes, things were about to happen, but we had a hope and that was enough to be okay and leave the pain behind. It was time to face the music.

Talking about music, I woke up from my thoughts with Francesca voice singing along to "Friendship Code". When she saw me, she smiled and invited to come in and sing with her. I did so and it was amazing.

- So honey, how are you? - She asked me, keeping away the guitar.

- I'm okay. You?

- Yes. Hey, have you heard? Pablo is organising a showcase! - She said, fangirling excitedly.

- What? How? - I partied with her.

- We are going to do an auction. I still don't know how, but people are supposed to buy songs or whatever and, the 15 that paid for more songs, will see us perform here in Studio. - She explained, briefly.

- That is amazing! It's an awesome way, not only to get more money to more equipment, but also to promote Studio!

- Yes! Some parts of the showcase will be taped and published in Studio's official site.

- I love that! - I hugged her.

We went to our first class, in the morning.

*******

I was walking to Fran's house with her and Camila. We were going to have a girls... afternoon. They were talking about things I couldn't understand because my mind wasn't even paying attention to it. I was just hearing them. My head was thinking of something else... someone else. I was thinking of how I hadn't seen León in Studio. But my mind stopped wondering about that when Fran took her keys out and opened her front door.

- Oh, we're home alone. Let's make some trouble! - Francesca said, with a glimpse of madness in her eyes.

- Yes! - Camila and I agreed, shouting.

We ended up putting music almost on the loudest level and dancing as if we were maniacs, and yes, we were very close to be there, believe me. Then, when we were already tired and starving, we made waffles with chocolate and orange juices to eat; after that, we just chatted about random stuff. But he came up.

- Hey, how are you and León? - Fran asked me, curious about my reply.

- I don't know. Well, we're cool with the just friends thing, but we are still in love with each other, which makes that pact kind of hard. We sometimes have to keep distance so something else doesn't happen, something that would complicate this even more... So, yeah, I don't know. - I explain, showing a weak smile.