Between Two Worlds (pt.2)

Bucky's POV

I woke up from the sound of the doorbell ringing downstairs, lazily getting up my bed while putting on my shirt as I walk towards the front door.

"Yeah I'm coming."

I opened the door and saw Ellie, (y/n)'s long time friend, "Ellie! Surprise seeing you here." I greeted and went in for a hug.

"Nice to see you too Bucky. I thought you moved to another place?" I step aside, welcoming her in.

"Yeah I thought about it but it'll be a hard work since I have so many stuff I haven't looked into."

"Anyways do you want tea, juice, water?" I offered, Ellie sat on the stool.

"I'll have tea please." she said as I prepare the water.

"What brings you here by the way Ells?"

"Well, I know you and (y/n) are no longer together but I still consider you as my friend since you've helped me and Michael a lot. I thought of inviting you to my baby shower this weekend." She beams happily.

I turned around and Ellie places an envelope on the counter, "don't worry only family members and few friends are invited so you won't feel uncomfortable."

While I read the invitation, (y/n) came in my mind.

"Say Ellie, is (y/n) going to the baby shower?" Ellie gives me the duh look.

"Of course, she's my best friend remember?"

We both laugh lightly as the water started boiling, I set two cups and grab two tea bags from the cupboard.

"Sorry I haven't visit you that much, been busy with the party and the wedding." Ellie pours herself a hot water in her cup.

"No worries, I've been busy as well-you know helping out this elderly couple with their business." I smiled.

"How many months are you in now?" I sip on my tea, feeling the hot liquid go down my throat.

"7 months. Its starting to get harder waking up in the morning with this." She said as she rubs her belly.

I smiled at her small gesture. (y/n) popped up in my head again, the memory of us talking about getting married and start a family together. We even made a journal about it.

As my mind goes deeper in the memory lane, Ellie's hand rested on top of mine.

"I know you miss her and I do too, but its already in the past now." She squeezes my hand firmly.

"I should've stayed that night instead on going to that stupid mission." Feeling my chest tight a bit from the thought of me and (y/n) breaking up.

"You can't blame yourself forever about this Bucky, its already been years." I look back at Ellie.

"I know. I just... I just miss her-so much." My eyes trailed down to my mug.

Y/N's POV

"I promise I'll write you a letter every week and if I have time I'll write two times." I repeated waht Fred's been saying for the past 10 minutes.

"Always keep the door and windows lock, make sure everything is in good condition and-"

"and stay away from strangers, especially guys." I finished his sentence and went closet to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you? I mean I already talked to George about it and he said he's fine with it. Plus, he could ask Angelina or Ron for extra help if he needs it." Fred pulls my closer to him as I caress his cheeks with my thumbs.