Two against One

If you have watched/seen the tv series Gotham, then you know the character Ed/ Edward Nygma or the Riddler. I'll be adding him in this chapter. If not, you can skip this or search ed for an idea what kind of character he is. I do highly recommend watching Gotham <3

"Fucking ravenclaw." (y/n) cursed under her breath upon seeing the tall black haired boy. With his charismatic looks and glasses, every girls including professors are amused and charmed by him and especially his intelligence.

You think that the twins are the only ones girls are willing to die just to be with them, there are still other boys who are well-known in their own ways. It can be by academic, sports, skills.

(y/n) despises Ed, her ex, not because of their break up but because of his behaviour and a twisted minded personality. Ed has another person in his mind, like gemini he is two-faced. He wasn't born with it but rather grew up and developed for having a traumatic childhood and life.

"(y/n)! Wait!" Ed calls for her chasing her down the hall. "Can we please have a decent conversation... for once?" Ed pleaded.

"And then what? Suddenly your other half will come out and be an asshole again? I don't think so." (y/n) shakes her head in disbelief trying to walk away but Ed stopped her.

"Don't worry about him. I'm... I'm on the meds, it helps me to be in control," he reaches down in his pocket showing (y/n) a prescripted bottle, "as long as I drink this, he won't be in control. I am."

"How long have you had these?" (y/n) examines the bottle, the pills rattling inside. "For four months now, since the uh... since we broke up." Ed looks away awkwardly shoving his hands in the pocket of his winter coat.

"I went back to london to get a prescription from a doctor and bought enough to help me get thought the entire school year... hopefully, I won't forget to take them." Ed took the bottle back then hugging his coat around him.

(y/n) simply nod in response trying not to make things more awkward. "Anyways, is that why you wanted to talk to me? If so, then I'm happy for you that you're taking my advice seriously."

"Yeah, I really thought about it thoroughly, I had a fight with him but I didn't let him win..." Ed looks down at his shoes and clearing his throat continuing, "because I want to show you that I can really change, for the better... for you."

(y/n)'s chest clenches, her heart stings after hearing his genuine statement. She knew he wasn't lying about it and could see in his eyes that he still loves her. "Oh ed," (y/n) places her gloved hands on his cheeks warming him, their eyes connected, "I'm happy, really, now knowing that you're taking care of yourself... but... you know we're done, its over."

This made his lips tremble trying not to cry as his eyes fills with tears. His head falls down letting his tears run down his rosy cheeks. "B-but I'm doing m-my best."

Hearing Ed's voice cracking made (y/n) felt guilty, stomach twisting and sad. "I'm so sorry ed.. but- but I have to go." She turns around leaving him vunerable.

(y/n) walks away fighting her own tears not letting her get affected. Before she could turn a corner she was pulled back hard and pinned against a wall harshly, (y/n) hits her head on the stone wall causing her to feel lightheaded.

"Listen here, angel, don't you ever make me feel that way again!" Ed holds her jaw tightly as he presses his face to hers. "And I swear I will make you regret it. Do I need to remind you the last time you've made me mad?"

(y/n) cries in terror and desparation to get out of his tight grip. Her cheeks burning and aching, her body trapped under his. Ed grew a sinister smile on his lips seeing her in this current state amused him.