Under Pressure (pt.2)

Previously•

A loud banging on the door woke me up from the nightmare, but it felt so real. I look down at my arms, blood stained my shirt and floor.

"Fred come on open this door!" George kept knocking.

"Alright alright, just-just give me a minute!"

"Fuck" I cursed under my breath and hurriedly walked into my room to chamge into fresh new clothes. I wore mum's knitted sweater to cover up my arms then fixed my hair.

"What took you so long?" George observes me.

"I slept late." I closed the door and went to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water.

George looks around the room and spots the bottle of whiskey on the couch.

"Yeah... I can see why." He scoffs and sat on the stool. I turn to him as I drink down the water in one go.

"So mind telling me why you came here?" I ask whilst feeling a sudden relief.

George shakes his head and clears his throat.

"I came here cause I wanted to tell you that the shop is almost done with the construction and I need help checking out the place. If you're not busy."

My eyes shift to the couch where I was last night and spotted the razor on the floor with my blood still on it.

My breath hitches then George slowly turns to the direction I was looking.

"You know what! Yeah sure, I-I'll come... I just need to clean up the place a bit and take a shower." I stopped him before he could even turn around.

He looks at me weirdly then stood up and walked towards the door.

"S-ure. Just don't take too long." I lean against the door frame, blocking the view of the couch from him as he steps out.

I lock the door and turn back to the space. I picked up the razor and went to the bathroom.

I place the blade down the sink and take my clothes off, stepping under the warm water.

I close my eyes and exhale slowly, relaxing my muscles under the running water while it washes my blood away.

I lift my arms up and stare at the cuts. If (y/n) is here, she would've definitely scold me or worse tell mum about it and have my head chop off instead.

"Why do I always make the dumbest decisions?... this is why I can't be left alone." I curse myself.

*at the shop*

"Its like the explosion never happened." I said while looking around, making sure everything is done well.

"But the difference is that we lost all of our products and furniture that turned into ashes." George comes out of our office.

"How long do we have to wait before we could have crates of products to be delivered here?"

"A month or two. The production right now is a bit slow than usual cause we lost six workers but Claire told me they're already looking for new workers." George replied.