³⁰ His Stars & Blue Skies

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ³⁰ - ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ

❛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴜs ❜

When he woke up the first thing he registered was the quiet whisperings in the corner.

The second thing was the large calloused hand grasping his right hand, and a soft one in his other.

The third was the numbness in his side, happy to not have any pain there.

He blinked and suddenly he was trapped in the bright light above him.

"He's waking up."

It was El who spoke, he recognized her voice anywhere, hearing his sister wrapped him in a warm feeling as he came to.

His eyes first connected onto Hopper on his right, sitting in a chair, his head on the bed Ven was in, sleeping with worrylines on his forehead.

Next was Nancy behind Hopper, her hand pulled up to her mouth, biting the skin on her thumb--a nervous habit-- as she watched the boy wake up.

"Hey."

The boy turned his head seeing El looking at him with concern in her brown eyes, searching for any sign of him being in pain.

"Hi." he weakly smiled back, his voice cracking.

Will was the one to speak, sitting on the foot of Ven's hospital bed. "You scared us."

Ven looked at his side, seeing a large bandage, some blood peeking through, his eyes connecting on his stars and his blue skies.

"Is everyone else okay?" Ven asked, looking around the room, not seeing Mike, Joyce, Jonathan, Dustin, Billy, Steve, Robin, Erica.

"You're asking if we're okay?" Max chuckled tearfully, walking closer to the boy.

El smiled, moving out of the way, watching Max hug Ven.

"I thought I lost you," Max mumbled into his shoulder before pulling back, glancing at Lucas who didn't move from his spot in the corner of the room.

He couldn't move, feeling as if he did everything around him would crumble.

Lucas couldn't understand the feeling in his chest, it was like the one when he first got closer to Ven but stronger.

He felt so scared if he moved, Ven would be snatched away from him again.

He hated it.

He hated how terrifying it was, seeing Ven on the ground, bloody, incoherent, and barely breathing.

"You're stuck with me." Ven gave Max a grin before turning serious. "Is everyone okay, though?"

"They're fine." Max reassured, "Jonathan and Ms. Byers are getting food for everyone, Mike is explaining what happened to Dustin."

"Steve? Robin? Erica?"

"They're all safe at home."

"What about...Billy?" Ven timidly asked.

Max took a deep breath, giving him a sad smile. "He's in the waiting room. He...wanted to make sure you're okay but... he wasn't sure if you wanted to see him."

Ven nodded, his eyes going to the purple and blue bruise on her cheekbone, his hand reaching up and cupping her cheek. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good." Max grabbed the hand on her cheek, interlocking their fingers.

Ven shifted, his hand slipping from Hopper's.

Hopper popped up, his eyes frantically searching around before they landed on Ven.

"Oh my god." Hopper cupped Ven's face, kissing the boy on the forehead before pulling his son into a hug. "What did I say?"

"To be careful?" Ven questioned an innocent smile playing on his lips.

Hopper gave him a look, Ven sighing stating. "I had to help."

"Well next time help from the side lines."

Ven nodded.

Hopper ruffled his hair before getting up from the chair. "I'm gonna see if Joyce is here, yet."

El and Will glance at each other before glancing at Lucas and Max, following Hopper out the room.

"I'm gonna see if Dustin's doing okay." Nancy smiled at the three before walking out as well.

"You could come closer, he doesn't bite." Max laughed, her and Ven's eyes going to the corner.

"Unless you want me to." Ven winked.

Lucas rolled his eyes, finally coming over the Ven's bed.

Max rose a brow a smirk on her face when Lucas tilted Ven's chin up, giving the boy a soft kiss on the lips.

"Don't do that again." Lucas frowned when he pulled back.

"Got it." Ven nodded. "It hurt like a bitch."

Max and Lucas share a look.

Ven saw the look, sighing, raising his arms as an invitation.

Max was the first one to move, cuddling up to the boy, her head in the crook of his neck.

Lucas was next, his head on Ven's chest.

Ven wrapped his arms around them, giving Max a kiss on the forehead.

"What was that for?" Max asked, moving her head to look at Ven.

"Nothing..." The boy said before kissing her on the lips. "Everything."

"Holy shit! Are you okay!?"

The door slammed open making the three flinch.

Dustin looked between the three, his eyes widening before a grin took over his face. "Haha! I knew it! Sorry."

The door closed, the three on the bed sharing a small laugh before settling down.

"You know we're gonna have to get up before Hopper comes back, right?" Lucas questioned, though he didn't complain as he felt Max's hand intertwine with his.

Max squeezed his hand. "Yeah, but this is nice."

──