⁰⁵ Lost

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁵ - ᴛʀᴀɪᴛᴏʀ

❛ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ? ❜

Paranoia. That was the only thing the small boy could feel.

They were his feelings this time, he sat on the couch with El lying across it with her head in his lap, his fingers running through the wig that still laid upon her head.

His eyes latched on the boys, Mike sitting on a chair next to him, Lucas sitting on the floor leaning against the couch and Dustin on the staircase, as the small boy listened to their conversation.

Mike bounced his leg with his hands clasped together, matching looks of determination on all the boys' faces' "What was Will saying? Like home...like home. But dark?"

"And empty." Lucas pointed out, looking up at the raven-haired boy.

"Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold?" Dustin perked up with the question.

Mike grumbled, "I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out."

"It's like riddles in the dark."

Seven ran a hand nervously through his hair, looking down to see El staring up at him with tired eyes.

The boy gave her a small smile that she returned to the best of her ability, becoming more relaxed when he started to lightly trail a finger across her face, making her even more sleepy at the familiar touch.

"Like home, like his house?" Mike scrunched his face in question.

"Or maybe Hawkins." Lucas realized.

Eleven, through her tired eyes, glanced wearily at Ven before quietly talking. "Upside down."

Seven snapped his eyes to El, his heart beating out of his chest as he gave the girl a warning look, his state becoming more panicked as Mike seemed to understand what the girl was saying.

"What?" Lucas scoffed.

"When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" Mike started to explain, getting up and walking over to the table where the board was, flipping back to the side where it was completely black. "Upside down. Dark. Empty."

"Do you understand what the hell he's saying?" Lucas raised a brow towards Dustin who just shrugged as the two joined Mike by the table.

"No, not really."