⁰⁸ 2-1-3

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁸ - ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

❛ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ❜

The group of kids sat on the bleachers in silence. Eleven was exhausted, her head leaned upon Mike's shoulder, Dustin on the other side of her.

Ven and Lucas sat behind them, an awkwardness between them on Lucas' part while Ven rubbed El's back that was covered in a towel.

Joyce and Hopper had left a bit ago to go find Will, Jonathan going after Nancy to comfort the sad and angry girl.

Seven's head was pounding, the pain from the day finally catching up to him from all the thoughts he's seen.

"You okay?"

Ven looked up towards Lucas beside him, seeing the boy looking at him in concern, an unfamiliar softness to it. "Yeah. Headache."

Lucas nodded with a sigh, flinching when Mike suddenly walked out of the gym with a slam of the doors.

Ven cleared his throat, taking his hand off Eleven to rub his temples.

"You should rest," Lucas stated, seeing how Ven suddenly looked pale.

"I'm just not used it. At the lab, they used to give me a blocker to help."

Eleven peered over her shoulder, her mind wandering back to the times she saw the boy while on the blockers, remembering how sick they made him and the mood swings he'd suffer, but they helped.

"Why not use the headphones?" Lucas pointed out.

"I need to stay focused." Ven shook his head in disagreement, "They could still find us."

Lucas glared at him, wanting to scold the boy when suddenly Mike barged in, panting.

"They're gone."

"What?" Dustin rose a brow as they all looked towards the raven-haired boy.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone." Mike continued, worry behind his eyes.

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin shrugged casually as Mike's face showed disgust.

"Gross," Lucas mumbled, glancing at Ven.

"No. No way!" Mike exclaimed.

"Did they go with the chief?" Lucas questioned.

"I don't know."