⁰⁷ Spur of the Moment

ᵖᵃʳᵗ⁷ - ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛʜ

❛ sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅsʜɪᴘ ❜

There was silence. Ven sat on the couch in Mike's basement, a large towel in his hand as he ran it through his wet hair.

The boy HAD to take a shower in the basement's bathroom since the slime on him was disgusting and made him uncomfortable.

Though now that he was out of the bathroom, Mike took Eleven in there to clean her face that was caked in dirt.

Seven's eyes trailed the basement, his brows furrowed when he didn't see the third member of the group. His attention went to Dustin who was nervously sitting at the table, looking at the walkie talkie with an expecting look.

"What happened to Lucas?" Ven asked, breaking the tense silence, his mind scowling at Mike who was once again thinking about how pretty El was.

Dustin snapped his head up, his mind flashing back to when Eleven threw Lucas through the air, making Ven flinch.

"H-he...after what happened he ran off, we haven't heard from him in a few hours," Dustin stated, watching as Ven's face fell, a hint of concern behind his eyes.

"Oh..." The small boy breathed out, his shoulders slumping as an unknown feeling swarmed his chest. "You know I'm sorry about what happened, right?"

Dustin shook his head, dismissing the boy's behavior. "Of course. It wasn't your fault, El did it, and you two were just trying to protect us."

"I hope Lucas sees it that way." Seven mumbled, the words going unnoticed to Dustin who just asked a 'what?'.

But before the small boy could respond a loud crackle rung through their ears, both boys' eyes snapping to the radio lying on the table.

Dustin looked at the boy with wide eyes, Seven nodded towards the bathroom, watching as the hat-wearing boy ran.

Ven hurried to the radio, looking at it for a second, his mind going to the lab before he pressed the button and spoke through it, hesitantly. "Lucas?"

"V-v-e-n?" The radio skipped, the sound of Lucas' broken voice coming through.

"Lucas! What's wrong!?" Ven exclaimed into the walkie, picking up on the panicked voice.

"Get Mike for me! O-okay?!"

Just as Seven was about to shout for the said boy, him, Dustin and Eleven came rushing towards him.