Chapter 3:

We pulled up near the football field and Leland got out and ran around the car to open my door. I got out and heard gasps from around the field. Leland wrapped his big hand around my little one and we walked up to the field. A cheerleader ran up to us and shoved me onto the dirt.

"Leland! Baby. Why is she wearing your jersey? You don't even let me wear it!" She whined and thrust her fake boobs against his chest. I got up and dusted the dirt off my jeans just as Leland shoved her back and she landed in a mud puddle. "Hey!"

"This is my girlfriend, Crystal. Thats why she's wearing my jersey." He said and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Leave us alone Emma."

"You're mine, Leland. Don't forget that." She said as she struggled to get up out of the mud. I laughed as Leland lead me away from her and sat me down on the bleachers. But he didn't try to kiss me before running into the field to join the other guys. The cheerleaders were glaring at me but I just smiled back at them.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and watched Leland as he ran and caught the ball then got tackled. He looked over and grinned at me and I waved at him.

"So you're the new flavor of the week." Someone said as they came over and sat down next to me. I looked up and met grey eyes on a handsome guy.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I let my knees down and sat crossed legged instead

"You're the third girl he's been with this month. And another freshman." He said and I realized how deep his voice actually was. "Emma was the last girl, she's a new cheerleader. You had a run in with her earlier. The only thing different about oh is that Leland actually gave you his jersey. He's never done that before."

"Why should I care how many girls he's been with? Him and I aren't even dating. He helped me out, that's it." I said and pulled out my phone from my purse and saw yet another text from jake.

Jake: talk to me, Crystal. That's the least you can do. You owe me, babe. I won't let you go until you give me what I want. And you know what that is.

I sighed and glanced up to see Leland looking at me. My smile was forced and I waved at him before looking back down at my phone when it buzzed again.

Jake: don't forget, if you give him what I want, you will suffer the consequences. I don't give a fuck what you say. You're mine, Crystal. Always.

My hands trembled and the guy sitting next to me plucked my phone from my hands before I could react and read the messages then he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Look here, freshman. If you stay with Leland, he is only going to hurt you. And this jake guy, he needs to be dealt with. You need to call the police." He said and stared into my eyes.

I frantically shook my head and pushed him away before grabbing my phone and yanking off lelands jersey. I put the jersey on the bleachers and ran for my car, unlocking it quickly and jumping in and locking the doors. My forehead landed on the headrest as I adjusted the seat and the tears started to fall. Why did this have to happen to me now of all times? College was supposed to be a fresh start.

When I saw Leland advancing towards my car I started it and threw it into reverse and then raced away from the field and back to the dorms. I had to get ready for class. Leland could be dealt with another day. Contacting the police about Jake would be a bad idea, and could result in me losing my life.

As I pulled Into the parking lot for my dorm I pulled my phone back out and hit the speed dial for the number I needed.

"Hello?" Came a mans voice and I internally sighed.

"It's me. I need your help."