Chapter 27:

I pulled up in front of Martha's cafe and took a deep breath and got out of the car and walked inside since she was still open. She walked up to me and gasped when she saw my swollen belly.

"Oh my, are you alright dearly? You look as if you've been crying." She said and took my arm gently and lead me over to a booth and had me sit down. "Tell mama all about what happened."

I opened up and told her everything, crying during half of it and then when I was finished she placed a key in my hand and smiled softly at me.

"You and your babies are going to be living upstairs. I had a feeling you would be coming back. Let mama take care of you. And you can still help me out here." She said and then picked up a menu and handed it to me. "Now, pick what you want and when you're done eating I'll get my big strong sons out here to take your stuff upstairs."

I smiled and just ordered chicken strips and fries with sweet tea. She sauntered into the back and I was left alone with my thoughts until she brought my food back out of me and smiled and sat back down in front of me.

"So what are you having my dear?" She asked and I rubbed my stomach.

"Boy. And girl." I said and her face lit up.

"Two babies at 18. Wow." She said and then glanced around the cafe. "Don't rush, deary. I'll stay open for you."

"Thank you mama." I said and slowly ate until I was full then pushed away the basket and Martha took it and disappeared into the back. As I was struggling to get up I heard a deep chuckle and looked up to see a man who couldn't be any older than 25 smiling down at me. He had soft looking brown hair that was neatly spiked and deep blue eyes.

"Having issues?" He asked with a chuckle and I glared at him.

"I'm 5 months pregnant, of course I'm having issues." I said and managed to get out of the booth and stared up at the man.

"Well, you're a beautiful, 5 months Pregnant." He said and then looked to Martha. "Mama. Is this who you were talking about?"

"It is! Isn't she darling?" Martha asked as she came back over and placed her hands on my belly. "Two babies in there. A boy and a girl. With no daddy. That's sad."

"A lot of babies are raised by only one parent." I said and then saw the glitter of the ring on my finger. Without a second thought I pulled it of and put it in my purse, it would be going to a pawn shop tomorrow.

"Yes, but they need a man to show them right from wrong don't they?" Martha asked and I sighed and then my head spun and the man gently grabbed me and had me sit back down in the booth.

"Martha, I'll be alright. All I need right now are friends and support to help me. It's hard, knowing the man who asked me to marry him was married and has a kid already." I said and felt the tears again, and just as the man reached for me I ran outside and leaned against the car as rain started to fall. My shirt soon was soaked and sticking to my body but I didn't care.

"Let's get you inside." The man said and wrapped an arm around my shoulder as he lead me upstairs and took the key from my numb fingers and unlocked the door. He lead me inside and to the couch then disappeared and soon four guys were bringing my stuff up and setting it down around the living room.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at the four men who sat down in my living room. One was blonde with violet eyes, and damn he was cute. He was the oldest at 27, his name was Asher. The next had brown hair and green eyes, he was 25 and named Bryan. After him came Cameron at 22 with black hair and violet eyes. Then came the one who I met first, with the brown hair and blue eyes. Turns out his name is jasper, and he's only 21.

"You're very welcome." Asher said and flashed me a grin, which made my stomach flutter even more. He was sitting next to me and reached over and started to rub my belly then he chuckled when a baby kicked him. "Active baby."

"They both are at night." I said and smiled. These four men were very sweet, except for jasper who just seemed to love to annoy me.

"Both? There's two?" Asher asked and placed both hands on my belly.

"Boy and a girl." I said and he grinned up at me, flashing dimples and I thought I might melt right there. Then when his shirt lifted up I saw a tattoo on his side. "What's your tattoo of?"

Asher grinned and stood up and whipped off his shirt, revealing a nice flat stomach with abs and a dragon coming up from his hip and the tail wrapped around onto his back. It was black and red and was amazing. When I smiled he pulled his shirt back on and ended up sitting on the floor between my legs, and leaned his head against my belly.

Without even thinking about it I ran my fingers through his hair and felt him kiss my belly. Good god, I can't fall for this man. There's no way in hell I can fall for him. He's acting just like Ethan. I felt tears fill my eyes just as Asher let me go and I raced to the bedroom and shut the door and leaned against it as tears fell from my eyes.

I slid to the floor and cradled my belly as I cried, knowing that these babies inside of me would never know their real dad. And they may not even have a father figure in their life. How can I be a good mom when I'm only 18 and the man I fell in love with was married with a kid? Why did I have to be so naive and fall for Ethan so quickly?

"Melody?" One of the boys asked and knocked on the door softly. I wiped at my tears and got up carefully, then opened the door and stared at Cameron. His violet eyes sparkled and I glanced away quickly. "Hey. Did we do something wrong?"

"No, no. I'm sorry. My emotions are all over the place. Being pregnant and newly single is really hard Cameron. Don't worry." I said and smiled up at him.

"Call me Cam. And I'm always here for you, melody. Do you want my number?" He asked hesitantly and I smiled and pulled my phone out and handed it to him. He programmed it into my phone and handed it back to me with a smile. "Look, we may not know each other, but I'm always going to be on your side. No matter what. We can be friends."

"Thank you Cam." I said and surprised us both by wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning on my tiptoes and hug him. After a few seconds he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back the best he could with my swollen belly.

"It's no problem, melody." He said and suddenly I realized that his voice got deeper. His eyes were always a little darker and his face was flushed.

"Are you alright?" I asked and pressed my hand against his forehead. No fever.

"I'm alright. Sorry. Being hugged my a beautiful woman is hard for my body not to react to. Just ignore it." He said and blushed. "But uh.. We're gonna head out and let you get some rest. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna unpack tomorrow after getting some sleep then I've got to find a pawn shop and get rid of an engagement ring." I said and he nodded.

"I'll talk to mom and see if I can have the day off to show you around town." Cam said before he kissed the top of my head and left with his brothers. When the front door was closed I walked out to the living room and grabbed the bags with my clothes and dragged them into my room and pulled out my pajamas. A baggy t-shirt and a pair of black yoga pants. I curled up in bed with my phone and texted cam.

Me: thank you.
Cam: for what, beautiful?
Me: for being a friend when I need one most.
Cam: you need me.
Me: maybe. Maybe not. But I need someone to be a dad in my kids lives.
Cam: I'm not sure I can help with that, but I'll be by your side every step of the way.
Me: oh... Um... Ok... I'm going to bed... Bye...

I shoved my phone away as tears threatened to fall and curled up into a ball the best I could with my round belly. My hands rested on the bulge and I let the tears fall just before sleep wrapped me in its gentle embrace.