Chapter 16:

I pulled up in front of Ethan's house and pulled down my visor to look at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and swollen but I ignored it and put the visor back and grabbed my bags and locked my car after getting out then walked up the walk way and opened the front door.

The house was silent and dark. I kicked off my shoes and walked upstairs and into mine and Ethan's room and saw him asleep in bed. My heart trembled as I quietly put my bag in the closet and changed into one of Ethan's t-shirts and a pair of my yoga pants. I tiptoed out of the room and went into my library and softly shut the door.

I walked to my desk and pulled out a notebook. Then I started to write everything. The whole story of who I am. I included drake and Ricky and everything jake ever did to me. And I ended with telling Ethan that I had fallen in love with him and that I couldn't imagine losing him.

My eyes fluttered closed so I got up and walked to my chair which was fluffy and sat down and out my feet up and pulled my muddy girl camo blanket over me and fell into a fitful sleep.

You look beautiful. Drake said as he took me into his arms and spin is around. My dress billowed out around my legs and I giggled.

He held me tight in his arms and kissed the top of my head as my heels clicked on the linoleum tiles. There was soft music playing in the background and my head rested on his shoulder. We danced for a while then sat down and just stared at each other.

I love you so much, Crystal. You know that right? He asked and I smiled.

I know. And I love you so much too. Always and forever, Drake. I said and reached across the table and stroked my fingers on his cheek.

Always and forever baby. But let's take this one step further. He said and got down on one knee. My hands flew up to my mouth as he pulled out a small black box and flipped it open. revealing a black diamond on a white gold band. Will you marry me, Crystal?

I woke up with a start when I felt arms wrap around me and the feeling of being picked up. My eyes opened slowly and I looked up into Ethan's face and sighed softly and snuggled into his arms.

"What time did you get home?" He asked softly and carried me into the bedroom.

"Around midnight I think. You were asleep. I didn't want to wake you." I said and yawned as he laid me on our bed and laid down next to me.

"You should have woken me. Sleeping in your office isn't a good idea, baby. It could really hurt your back." He said and rubbed my back which I hadn't realized was sore.

"I know. But there was something I had to do." I whispered and closed my eyes.

"And what's that?" He asked as he propped himself up on one elbow and looked at me.

"There's a small pile of papers on my desk. Read them all. It explains everything that I can't say in person." I said and stared at the man I love. "I just hope it doesn't make you leave me."