Chapter 21:

I woke up rested and the room was dark. Movement could be heard downstairs and I got up and stretched before walking downstairs and finding Ethan in the kitchen. He didn't realize I was watching him as he poured Chinese food out of their boxes into bowls. I bit my lip to refrain from giggling. I'm guessing he wanted to make me think he made us Chinese food.

I cleared my throat and Ethan spun and his eyes went wide as he held a Chinese box in his hands and looked between me and the box as his cheeks got red. This time I couldn't help but giggle and his eyes narrowed.

"Um.. It's not what it seems." He said and I smiled but my smile dropped when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I said and walked down the hallway to the front door and opened it. "Can I-"

I was cut off as someone poked my neck and the room suddenly spun and I collapsed to my knees, but the person grabbed me just as the darkness dragged me under.

Hours later:

My head felt as if someone was hitting me repeatedly with a hammer and I went to run my hands over my face but I was tied up. The room I was in was dark and I was cold and my whole body hurt.

"Ah. She's finally awake." Came a familiar voice but the man stayed in the shadows. "How do you feel?"

"Fuck you." I snarled and tugged on my restraints but only felt the burn of the handcuffs scraping my skin.

"Behave. I'm not here to hurt you." He said with a low chuckle.

"Bullshit! You drugged me and kidnapped me!" I yelled and was met with a hard hand against my cheek. He slapped me.

"Shut up, whore." He snarled and this time his fist connected with my jaw and I got the metallic taste of blood. I spit it out and he laughed. "Good. You're bleeding."

"You're a prick." I hissed and received another punch to the same side. There was a crack and I knew he most likely just fractured or broke my jaw.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt you crystal? Are you happy now though? You're away from the man you ran away from. The one who broke your heart." The man snarled and then his voice clicked in my head.

"Jackson. What do you want from me?" I asked and hissed in pain.

"I want you. I said that before you made me leave." He said and finally stepped out of the darkness and kneeled down in front of me. "And I will have you. As much as I want."

He chose that moment to lift me up off the chair and throw me onto the bed. I heard his pants unzip before my yoga pants were yanked open and I tried to move but Jackson landed on top of me and I screamed as loud as I could.

"Help!" I screamed as Jackson proceeded to rape me. Tears blurred my vision as I kept screaming and Jackson slammed his hand down over my mouth and threw a punch, nailing me in my ribs and I gasped and moaned in pain.

Why couldn't he just kill me?