Chapter 6:

I don't know how long I sat in the bathroom crying but when I finally came out there was a note on my bed and Ethan was gone. With shaky hands I picked up the note and read it.

Crystal,
I know Ricky. He's a good friend. If you would like to see him, meet me at the old warehouse down by the ocean at 11pm. He misses you.

-Ethan

My hands trembled more. Why hadn't Ricky contacted me? He's been gone for 4 years! I looked at the clock. 10:01 pm. I stripped off the clothes I had on and pulled on blue ripped jeans that hugged my ass and a low cut black long sleeve top. Then added my favorite perfume, the one Ricky had bought for me in bulk and added my black high tops and laced them up. Then I put on waterproof eye liner and mascara and grabbed me phone and wallet. I texted clay.

Me: you have your bike?
Clay: I do. Why? You need it?
Me: I do. Only for a few hours. Something I have to do.
Clay: come get the keys then. Two doors down from yours. Same side of the hall.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and grabbed the leather jacket in the back of my closet and shrugged it on, realizing it still smelt like Ricky. My heart sped up and I shoved my wallet into the pocket on the inside before zipping it up part way and grabbing my keys so I could lock the door and then shoving those in the pocket too before running down the hall and knocking on the door to Clayton's room.

He opened the door shirtless and tossed me the keys to his motorcycle and I squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged me tight.

"You haven't been this happy since you were with... He's back isn't he?" Clay asked as the realization hit him and I couldn't stop grinning.

"He is! Ethan knows him. I'm going to meet them now." I said and jumped around like a little girl. God I've missed Ricky.

"Go to him, Crystal. He's the one for you. Maybe he can put an end to jake once and for all." Clay said as he released me and nudged me away and I ran down the hall and down the stairs and made it outside where I instantly spotted clays motorcycle. A black Kawasaki ninja. I hopped on and put the key in and turned it then took off out of the school lot and down the freeway to my final destination.

I swerved in and out of cars and finally took the off ramp I needed and soon I was in front of a warehouse where there were a few cars and a motorcycle that I've seen before. It took me a minute but I got off the bike and pulled the key from the ignition and looked at the doors that were wide open and music was playing.

With a deep breath I walked to the doors and inside and was met by the smell of marijuana and alcohol. And lots of sweat. There was a man in the corner with hair the color of a starless night and eyes that sparkled silver and blue. His eyes locked on mine and I trembled and fell to my knees.

"Ricky." I gasped as he ran to me and lifted me up and spun me around, burying his face in my neck and inhaling deeply. My arms wrapped around his neck and my legs locked around his waist as the music stopped and everyone stared at us.

"Oh, God. Crystal." He said and kissed my throat and then pulled back and stared into my eyes. That when my ribs chose to radiate pain and I groaned and leaned my head on his shoulder. "What's wrong baby? Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

I shook my head against his shoulder and just relaxed in his arms. This is where I belong. Right here in Ricky's arms.

"Did he do it again?" He asked softly and i stiffened in his arms, giving him the answer he wanted. "I'm going to kill him, Crystal."

"You can't. I don't want you to go to prison, Ricky! You left me once already!" I said and pulled back to look him in the eyes.

"I'm not going to prison, baby." He said and then covered my lips with his and I melted against him, running my fingers through his silky hair and making sure he couldn't let me go. "I've missed your taste and the feel of your body in my arms."

"I've missed you so much." I said against his lips when we finally broke the kiss and just stared at each other. The music started again and the conversations went back to normal. Ricky set me on my feet and kept an arm around my waist as we walked into a room in the back of the warehouse and Ricky shut the door.

I sat down on the bed and smiled at Ricky, as he walked towards me. He put his hand on my shoulder and gently guided me back until I was laying down and he was laying on top of me, it his weight wasn't on me at all.

"I can't believe you're here. When Ethan called me saying your name I almost died right there. It was as if you had disappeared after jake came into the picture. What happened?" He asked as he stroked my hair then got off and pulled me into his lap and I snuggled close.

"Jake was abusive. And controlling. We dated for 4 years. He told me if I ever contacted you that he would kill me in front of you. I was so afraid of him Ricky, he hurt me a lot." I said and hid my face in his chest and felt him stroke my back and I gasped in pain. My nerves were damaged and it felt as if someone was stabbing me... Again.

"What did he do to my baby?" Ricky asked softly, but I heard the pure rage in his voice.

"You don't want to know. I'm so ugly now. I can't even wear a bikini." I said quietly and prayed he didn't hear me.

"What? Baby, please. Show me." He asked and I sighed and got up and took off his leather jacket and put it on the bed then pulled off my shirt, not even shy about showing him my body. His fingers reached out and stroked the scars and I fought the tears that were trying to escape. "Good god. What kind of man is he?"

"He's not a man." I whispered and stared at Ricky as his face contorted with anger. Then he got up and pulled his shirt off and put it on me then shrugged on a different shirt then his jacket and put on a different leather jacket on me. One that had a Phoenix on the back.

"That's it baby. Come on." He said and grabbed my hand and tugged me back into the main room where the music stopped and people stared at us. "Listen up! There is a man that is to be hunted down and brought back here. His name is Jacob Levi. Find him and bring him to me. Don't kill him but use force if necessary."

Everyone nodded their heads and soon the roar of cars was gone and only a few guys were left. We walked over to them and Ricky sat down, I was about to sit in the chair next to him but he pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So you're crys." One of the guys said and smiled at me.

"Do I know you? I recognize your voice." I said and watched him lower his hood and I faced my own cousin and his gap tooth grin. "Dom! What the fuck?! You're mom has been worried sick!"

"I send her money every couple months. It's hard to talk to her. Every time she starts crying I know I'm killing her inside, but I just can't go back. Sitting back watching what jake was doing to you... I couldn't do it. So I left. Ricky found me and we were already friends so I stayed with him. And now you're back." He said and I smiled softly. "Next time you talk to ma, can you tell her I'm safe and I love her more than anything?"

"How about I do you one better. Why don't I call up aunt Joyce and let you talk to her?" I asked and saw the light in his eyes.

"Really?" Dom asked and stood up.

I nodded and pulled out my phone and scrolled through my phone until I found aunt Joyce then I hit call and listened to it ring.

"Hello?" Came her sleepy voice.

"Aunt Joyce? It's Crystal." I said and heard movement.

"Hi, why are you calling so late?" She asked with a yawn.

"I have someone here who wants to talk to you." I said and handed the phone to Dom and watched him walk away, talking to his mom. He looked back at me and I saw the tears in his eyes and knew I've done the right thing. I've got Ricky back, so he needs to get on good terms with his mom.