Chapter 17:

I fell asleep while Ethan was in the other room reading what had happened to me. When I woke up the sun was bright in the bedroom and I sat up and rubbed my eyes and looked around, Ethan still wasn't in here. After stretching I got up and walked to my office and slowly opened the door to see Ethan staring down at the opera intently.

"Is this all a joke?" He asked and looked up at me. Tears were flowing from his eyes.

"No. This all happened to me." I said and walked into the room and sat down in my chair.

"You're fucked up, Crystal." He said and I felt my heart break. "I loved you. But after reading all of this I'm not sure I can handle it."

I nodded and got up, walking back into Ethan's room and throwing all my clothes into my bags and then I glanced at the ring on my hand and took it off and laid it on Ethan's pillow then carrying them downstairs and putting them into my car. Without a second glance I got in and started it then left the man I gave my heart to.

I hit the freeway and gunned it. Putting as much distance between Ethan and I would be the best idea right now. Tears blurred my vision and soon I found a rest stop and took the off ramp and parked. I leaned my head against the steering wheel and just cried and cried. By the time my tears were dry, my body was aching and my heart was broke.

Ethan left me.

He fucking left me after I told him everything.

I lifted my head up and snatched my purse and got out of the car and walked to the bathrooms and stared at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were red and there were dark bags under them. I looked like shit. My phone buzzed and I dug it out and read the message.

Clay: Ethan's lookin for you. What happened? Where r u?
Me: far away. Don't look for me. Ask him.

My phone was silent for a few minutes then it buzzed once again.

Clay: I punched him. Hard. He's on the ground.
Me: why?
Clay: you told him everything. And he left you. He deserved it. Now where are you? I'm coming to get you.
Me: I'm not coming back. I'm sorry. I love you, clay. Go see Katie once in a while. She misses her dad.
Clay: crys please, don't leave me.
Me: I can't stay near Ethan. I'm in love with him, clay.

"Excuse me?" Came a voice behind me and I spun and faced a woman who looked almost exactly like Katie and my heart broke even more. "Crystal?"

"Cassie." Was all I said before I shoved past her and left, nearly running back to my car as I heard her calling my name.

"Crystal please! Hear me out!" She said as I got to my car and then I turned and stared at her. The same eyes at Katie stared at me. "Please, I'm so sorry."

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me. You owe that to Clayton. And Katie. She's getting so big and she still asks about you! She cries at night wondering why you left her!" I yelled and gained a few people staring at us. "You left your daughter when she was only a month old! And you never tried to come back! You broke my brother!"

"I didn't mean to crystal! You don't understand what it's like to be a teenage mom! I had no one!" She said and tears fell from her eyes.

"You had my whole family! You had Clayton! And me! But no! You friend and ran when Katie started wanton Clayton more! You were a fucking scared bitch! If you couldn't handle a baby then maybe you should have been on birth control! I just saw Katie yesterday too!" I yelled and my hands were shaking and I was already broken so my self restraint was gone.

"You saw Katie?" She asked and her hands came up to cover her mouth. "How is she?"

I unlocked my phone and clicked photos and brought up the one with me and Katie and showed it to Cassie.