Chapter 24:

Ethan's POV:

"You're what?" I asked and stared at her. Her beautiful blue-violet eyes were cloudy with pain but there was pure love lying underneath it all.

"I'm pregnant." She said and her words melted my heart and I was grateful I was sitting down already. We were having a baby. A little me. Or even better, a little crystal.

"Oh god, baby." I said and leaned forward and pressed her back so that I could kiss and rub her belly. It wasn't really rounded yet but because of how tiny she is you could tell if you were looking for it. "A baby. My god. We're having a baby."

Her giggle warmed my soul and sent shivers down my back. I felt her small hands run through my hair and I smiled and kept placing small kisses to her belly.

"I'm your daddy little baby. I know you can't hear me, but humor me. While you're in your mommas tummy I'm going to be protecting you both, you will never be cold or hungry. And when you're born, you'll always be safe and have everything you could ever want. You and your mom are my whole world. I just found out about you but I love you already. I can't wait to see you, little one." I said to her belly and felt myself relaxing. Crystal was alive and carrying my baby. "When can I take you home?"

"The doctor said it may be a week or so. Me and the baby aren't fully healthy. She said the baby needs more nutrients before we can leave." She said and I nodded my head and got off her bed and sat in the hair next to it, then I clasped her hand in mine. Her eyes locked on mine again and I finally saw why she didn't want me to see her.

Her lip was still busted and bruises were still healing on her cheeks and neck. I'm guessing there were a lot more under the gown. There was also a cut on her eye brow and a slash on her neck that has stitches in it. That fucker hurt my babies.

"I'm alright, Ethan." She whispered and her soft voice brought me from my thoughts. "I know you, so stop. He's in custody."

"You have to testify against him, Crystal." I said and saw her flinch back a little.

"On one condition." She said and glanced away from me.

"And what's that baby?" I asked and stroked my thumb over her knuckles which were bandaged.

"Be by my side the whole time." She said and finally looked at me again.

"I planned on it, love." I said and smiled.

"One other thing." She mumbled and blushed.

"Name it." I said and leaned forward.

"Kiss me." She said and I was more than happy to oblige. I closed the distance between us and kissed her with all my pent up love. Her soft little moan did things to me that was inappropriate for a hospital. When I finally pulled away her eyes were glazed over and they were half closed. Her short little breaths turned me on beyond belief. "Wow."

"Yes, wow, Crystal. I've missed you." I said and leaned my forehead against hers.

"And I've missed you." She said and I couldn't miss the sheen of tears in her eyes. "I thought I was going to die, Ethan."

"How long have you known that you were pregnant?" I asked and reached up to stroke her cheek.

"Since shortly after Jackson kidnapped me." She said and then softly touched the side of his neck. "He drugged me, Ethan. He gave me a shot of something to knock me out."

"I'm so sorry, baby. But you're safe now. I've got you and I'm not letting you go." I said and got up again and she scooted over so that I could sit next to her. She leaned her head on my shoulder and my hand settled on her lower belly. Where our baby was growing. "Baby, you have given me the best present ever. A family."

"What day is it?" She asked softly then yawned.

"It's Christmas Eve, my love. And this will be the best Christmas ever. Except maybe next year. With a tiny baby to enjoy it with." I said and kissed the top of her head and felt her breathing even out until she fell asleep. I shifted and got comfortable on the bed and held her close to me, stroking her side and belly and heard the door open slowly and watched Clayton peak his head in.

"She fell asleep?" He whispered and I nodded my head and he came in and sat down in the chair I was in. "My parents will be here in the morning. They want to meet you."

"I'd be glad to meet the parents of the woman I love." I whispered and then stared at Clayton. "Did she tell you anything?"

"Just about how scared she was." He said with and shrug and leaned back. "God I'm tired."

"Go to sleep. I've got crystal. Or take my truck and head back to my house and grab a few outfits for me and crystal please. I'm not leaving her side." I said and carefully dug my keys out of my pocket and handed them to Clayton. He took them and nodded.

"I'm going to get some rest at your house. I'll be back in he morning." He said and left, softly shutting the door behind him. I leaned back and closed my eyes. Might as well get some rest while crystal is sleeping.