Chapter 22:

Days lead into weeks and soon I gave up fighting and counting. Jackson wasn't going to let me go. He hasn't hit me lately but he still forces me to have sex with him. I am not allowed to leave the apartment, but I can walk around now without being handcuffed.

Jackson came home and I forced a smile onto my face and leaned up on my toes to kiss his cheek even though the thought of it made me want to throw up. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I missed you while I was work." He said and nuzzled my neck and I knew where this was leading. He took me by the hand and lead me to the bedroom where he fucked me and then left the apartment again, leaving me completely alone. I ran to the bathroom and vomited then took a shower and got dressed in my jeans and a baggy shirt.

I walked to the balcony and stepped outside and felt the cool night air nipping at my exposed skin. Im pretty sure Christmas is coming up but I doubt I'll be able to spend my first one away from home in the arms of the man I love.

"I miss you Ethan." I whispered into the night and felt the tears fall again. The man I loved was out there somewhere, probably trying to find me. Hopefully he came soon. My hands fell to my lower stomach and I smiled. If I survive this I'm going to the doctors to see if this baby is in fact Ethan's.

Ethan's POV:

6 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours and 25 minutes.

That's how long crystal has been missing. And that's how long I've been going crazy. I know she's out there, begging me to find her but the cops can't seem to find her. I slammed my fist into the wall once again and sighed. Another dammed hole I'll have to fix.

"Calm down. They'll find her." Came claytons voice from behind me and I spun to face those same eyes as the woman I love.

"It's been over six weeks! They should have found her by now!" I yelled and felt my body trembling with the anger that I've had pent up. If I ever find the man that took my crystal I'm going to murder him myself.

"They're working on it, bud." He said and placed a hand on my shoulder and I landed heavily on the couch and sighed, dropping my head into my hands.

"I love her so much, Clay." I whispered and felt him sit on the couch near me.

"I know you do. But she wouldn't want to see you Like this. She needs you to be strong." Clay said as he picked up one of my PS3 controllers and turned the console on. "Let's play some call of duty. I want to kill zombies."

We played call of duty black ops for hours until my phone ringing made us pause the game and I grabbed my phone off the table.

"Hello?" I answered and got up, walking out onto the back patio.

"Hello, Ethan. It's officer Clarkson. I know it's late but I have some news for you." The officer leading the case on Crystal said and my heart rate sped up. "You still there, sir?"

"I'm here officer Clarkson. What did you find out?" I asked and gripped the railing with my free hand.

"I know it's Christmas Eve but we found someone for you." He said and I felt my knees shake. "Crystal is alive. We have her. She's in the hospital right now. But she asked for you not to show up. She wants a man named Clayton."

My knees gave out and I collapsed onto the wood. Tears blurred my vision. "S-she doesn't want me there?"

"She's afraid of how you will react to seeing her. She looks different." He said in a low voice but I could hear the venom. "We also have the man in custody that took her. He's going to prison for a long time. But someone needs to convince crystal to testify against him."

"I'm on my way to the hospital. Clayton will be with me." I said and hung up and ran back into the house and threw on my shoes. "Get your shoes and jacket!"

"What's going on?" Clayton asked as he slipped his shoes on and followed me out of the house. "Dude, what's going on?"

"She's alive." Was all I said and saw the color return to his face. "She's in the hospital. And she's asking for you."