Chapter 10:

Ethan drove us to his house so that he could get some clean clothes and I got out and walked around the living room. It wasn't much, but it was a comfortable house. He disappeared upstairs and I wandered around and finally found the glass sliding door to the backyard. It was huge.

But enough for a few kids and a dog or two.

Where the fuck did that thought come from? Bad, Crystal. Kids are the last thing you need. I chuckled silently to myself and stared outside at the pool. When it's nice id have to ask Ethan if I can swim in it.

"It's a big back yard right?" Ethan asked from behind me and I turned and smiled at him and nodded.

"It definitely is." I said and my mind trailed off I kids running around the yard, chasing Ethan and a dog.

"Perfect for a family. Barbecues, birthdays, pets. The lot." He said and wrapped an arm around my waist and my heart rate sped up.

"Definitely." I said with a shaky breath and looked at Ethan as he stared outside.

"God, I want a wife and kids." He said and slightly frowned.

"I want a husband and kids. Eventually. I mean, I'm only 18." I said and then crossed my arms over my chest and glanced around. "Your home is so bare. Why can't you have some cool stuff? You need a woman's touch."

"I do. Wanna go to ikea? I'll let you decorate my house." He said with a grin and I knew he wasn't kidding.

"Sure. Let's go." I said and watched his face drop then he quickly hid it and grabbed my hand and we left, and he locked the door and then we got into his truck and drive to ikea.

"So what do you think we need?" He asked as we pulled into the parking lot and we got out, holding hands like a real couple.

"Throw pillows. Curtains. Some rugs. Colorful plates and stuff in the kitchen. A few book shelves. Do you have a guest room?" I asked when I started to think.

"Yes I do. It's all yours." He said and smiled down at me as I grabbed a cart and set my purse in the seat.

"Awesome. It will be a library then. I love to read. So I need a comfy chair, a desk, curtains, lamps, rugs and a few bookcases. Another day we can go the bookstore to stock my library." I said and watched his face light up. "Am I asking for too much?"

"Babe, I got the money. Just shush and choose what you want." He said as we walked through the store and soon he had to grab another cart and I filled that one too. "Damn woman. My house is going to be colorful."

"Just wait. My library needs to be painted." I said with a grin.

He groaned and I giggled and grabbed some stuff for the kitchen and bathroom. Towels, washcloths and lots of dishes and mixing bowls and tons of baking utensils and such for when he does get a wife. My heart ached at the thought of him with another woman but it wasn't my place to say anything.

"Are we good to go?" He asked and I nodded and we headed to the checkout and the woman looked him up and down and told him the total. $2,465.97. Wow. Whoops. Didn't mean to spend that much.

"So are you free tonight, handsome?" She asked and batted her eyes at him.

"Nope. Sorry. Got a hot date." He said and wrapped his arm around my waist and tucked me into his side. I giggled and looked up at him.

"I'll make us something at home, honey." I said, playing along as he slid his debit card in the machine and she scribbled something on the receipt before handing it to Ethan.

"Call me when you get rid of the skank." She said to Ethan with a wink.

"Don't call my fiancée a skank." He said and glared at her and she shrank back and quickly nodded her head and Ethan pushed the cart outside as I pushed the other and he loaded up the bed of the truck. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to call you my fiancée."