Chapter 23:

I woke up sore and groggy. But this wasn't the bed I was used to sleeping in. I sat up and instantly regretted it, my head pounding and my stomach was doing flips. My eyes scanned the room and I came to the conclusion that I was in the hospital. But how in the fuck did I get here?

"Ms Love?" A middle aged woman in the doctors uniform asked as she came in and smiled softly at me. "I'm dr hart. How are you feeling?"

"My head is killing me." I whispered and dropped my head into my hands. "What happened?"

"You've been missing for 6 weeks, Crystal. The police found you and the man who took you. He's in custody now. You and the baby are safe." She said with a smile and I couldn't help but shed a small smile. The baby was safe

"So when can I leave?" I asked and saw her frown.

"You won't be leaving anytime soon, Crystal. The baby is weak from lack of proper nutrition and vitamins. We've got you on a few different drops to get all your levels up. It could take a few days. You're in a private room. Is there anything you want right now?" She asked as she sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"A paternity test. I need to know this baby isn't jacksons." I said and glanced around nervously.

"Honey, you've been gone 6 weeks. But you're 9 weeks pregnant. It's not jacksons." She said and my heart started to beat faster. It really was Ethan's baby. Her pager started to beep so she rose and smiled at me. "Hit the call button if you need anything at all, Crystal. There is a police officer stationed outside of your room also."

I watched her leave and then rubbed my belly. "Hi baby. I'm your mommy, obviously. You'll meet your daddy once mommy has healed a bit. He's going to be so happy when he finds out about you. You're going to be so loved and spoiled. Grandma and grandpa are going to just adore you. And you're uncle Clay may seem like a hard ass but you're going to have him wrapped around your little finger. It may be a whole before we meet but I'm going to love you forever. No matter what you do." I said and wiped at the tears that were falling. There was a knock on my door and I felt my body go rigid with fear. "C-come in!"

The door cracked open slowly and the same eyes I had stared at me before he shut the door and ran to me, wrapping me tightly in his arms. His tears dampened my hair and I clutched his shirt and just let myself cry again. Clay was holding me so tight. I thought I'd never see him again.

"God, Crystal. I'm so glad to see you!" He said and kissed the top of my head before finally pulling back and sitting down in the chair next to me.

"I thought I'd never see you again. I truly thought he was going to kill me." I whispered and stared down at my lap. "How's Ethan?"

"He's pacing the hallway like a madman right now. When you got kidnapped he called me first before the police because he couldn't handle being alone. I've stayed with him these past 6 weeks. He's dying to see you, Crys." Clay said and put his fingers under my chin and made me truly stare at him. "If you're worried about how you look, Ethan won't care. He loves you, crys. He says it all the time."

"I need him, Clay." I whispered and saw Clay smile.

"Im that's all I need to hear. Um, also, mom and dad will be here in a few hours with Katie." Clay said before he left and soon there was a flustered Ethan bursting through the door. His eyes locked on mine and I opened my arms for him, well my one arm had to stay down since it had the IV.

"Oh god, Crystal!" He said and collapsed onto the bed, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his face into my stomach. I ran my fingers through his hair and soon he calmed down enough to look at me. "Baby I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. You didn't do anything, Ethan. You have nothing to apologize for." I said and smiled softly at him. "I should be the sorry one. It would have been smarter to look out the window before just opening the door."

"We all mess up, Crystal. I'm just so glad you're alive. I barely slept because my dreams always ended up with me getting a call to indentify your dead body. I was so scared." He said and I watched his beautiful green eyes darken with pain. "Not to be mean, but your waist feels fuller."

"I've got something to tell you, Ethan." I said and smiled down at my lap. "I'm 9 weeks pregnant."

"You're what?" He asked.