Chapter 29:

Two months have passed since I left Ethan and it hasn't been easy. The harassment got so bad that the police had to intervene. And today we have court to decide if I have to do a joint custody with him once the babies are old enough to be away from me. I pulled on my black maternity slacks and a nice black maternity polo and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked 9 months pregnant instead of only almost 7 months along.

The twins kicked as I slipped on my black slip in shoes and I walked to the living room and smiled at Cameron who was sitting on the couch watching football. I slipped my arms around his neck from behind and he leaned his head back and kissed my belly and smiled up at me.

"Ready to go to the final court hearing, sweetie?" He asked and I grinned. Cameron and I gave dating a chance and I couldn't be happier. He even helped me decorate the nursery completely different. I gave up the jungle theme and chose a Winnie the Pooh theme.

"As ready as I'm going to be." I muttered and he stood up, wearing black jeans and a black button down shirt, and good god he looked good. His hair wasn't spiked up and I wanted to run my fingers through it again. "On second thought... Can we just stay here?"

He chuckled and wrapped an arm securely around my waist and lead me outside, locking the door before leading me downstairs to his truck. With some effort I got into the passenger seat and buckled up as Cameron got into the driver seat and we left town, heading to the courthouse in the other town.

"Sorry, love. I wish we could. But this has to be done. This is the day we have been waiting for. And those two little ones will finally get to know who their daddy is gonna be." Cameron said and reached over and rubbed my belly as he hit the freeway.

"You're gonna be their daddy no matter what." I said and relaxed in the seat. My eyes slid closed and I tried to focus on staying awake.

"Get a little nap in. I know you've been having issues sleeping, love." Cameron said and I nodded and yawned, then let my body doze off.

****

As soon as we stepped into the courtroom I felt his cold glare. There were a few others present but no one that really mattered except Cameron who kept our fingers linked together. He had been given permission to sit at my side to help keep my anxiety down for the babies sakes.

"Ms love. How are you doing today?" The judge asked and smiled at me.

"I'm alright your honor. Stressed and exhausted, but I'm holding up." I said and smiled up at him.

"Well, this is the final hearing where it all will be decided. Are you ready to hear our verdict?" He asked.

"I am your honor." I said and my leg started to bounce, but Cameron put his hand on my thigh and gently rubbed.

"Yes your honor." Ethan said coldly and shot me another glare.

"Well, the court grants ms crystal love full guardianship of the babies with no visitation from Ethan Cottonwood. As for you Ethan, you're lucky you're getting off the hook with nothing. But your wife is demanding a divorce." He said and hit the gavel on the stand and I finally let out a sigh of relief. The babies were all mine.

Ethan didn't say a word but he stormed out and I got up slowly, with Cameron's help and we left the courthouse with a smile at the judge. Nothin could ruin this day now. Once we were out in the warm spring day, my phone beeped and I pulled it out to see who the text was from.

Unknown: I'm coming back for you. Wife and son have been dealt with. I love you.
Me: who the hell is this?
Unknown: your little boy toy better not be that important to you.
Me: who is this?!
Unknown: you'll remember soon enough.

My heart sped up as I read the last text message and before I could react there was a loud gunshot and Cameron stared at me as blood blossomed on his chest. I reached for him just as he fell and I screamed, which made security guards run out of the court house and then I saw an ambulance parked right down the street flip their lights on and race right for us.

"Can, please, stay alive. Me and the babies need you." I begged and sobbed, tears flowing once again. He smiled weakly up at me and I leaned down and pressed my lips to his as the paramedics came over and ran to us.

"I... Love you." He whispered and then his whole body went limp and I knew instantly that he was dead.

"No!" I screamed as I tried to hold onto him but a paramedic grabbed me gently and I felt arms wrap around me than an all to familiar cologne filled my senses and I gasped.

"Calm down, baby. Don't make a scene or you'll regret it." Ricky hissed into my ear and I felt something press into my spine. A gun. I nodded my head and got up, then he lead me to his Dodge Charger and pushed me into the passenger seat before he got into the driver seat and took off. "It's good to see you again, baby girl."

"It was you who just texted me." I whispered through my tears and rubbed my belly as one of the babies kicked me.

"Who's the father?" Ricky asked as he hit the offramp and pressed the gas down farther, making the car lurch forward.

"Ethan." I whispered and stared out the window as I saw that we were heading farther north and into the forest.

"Cotronwood got you pregnant? What about Cassie and Katie?" He asked and glanced over at me.

"Didn't know about them until two months ago." I said and sighed. "What do you want from me Ricky? I'm pregnant and exhausted and wanted to go sleep."

"Take a nap. We won't be home for quite a few hours." He said and my heart sped up.

"My home is back the other way. It was with he man that you shot dead." I hissed and felt my anger bubbling up.

"Not anymore. Your home is wherever I am." He said and I sighed. Ricky wasn't going to let me leave. Not alive at least.

"You killed him." I whispered and felt the tears falling. "You killed Cameron."

"He's not dead, silly girl." He said and smiled at me but in the pit of my stomach I knew he was lying. I felt Cameron die in my arms. "You don't believe me do you?"

"No, I really don't." I said and then Ricky pulled off the road and drove down a backroad and soon we were in front of a log cabin.

"This is your home now. Everything you had at the apartment is now here and the nursery is decorated. Once Cameron is released from the hospital I will bring him here. Until then, you're mine." He said and got out of the car and opened my door. I got out and followed him inside.

Something hit me as odd and I glanced around. What was going to happen to me now?