Chapter 25:

I sat in the bed staring at my family who were waiting, quite impatiently, for he news that I was going to tell them. Me and Ethan agreed that Christmas was the perfect time to announce my pregnancy. And since I'm almost out of the first trimester I think it's perfectly fine.

"Well, um. I just found out for sure, that Ethan and I are expecting a baby." I said and smiled at my family. Everyone was happy except for my mom. She just stared at me then stormed out of the room, slamming the door.

"Don't worry, dear. Your mom will come around." My dad said before congratulations were shared and I laid back because I was getting a little tired. But my dad set a present on my lap and I opened the box and pulled out the silver locket on a delicate silver chain. I opened it up and smiled. How did he get a picture of me and Ethan? We were leaning our foreheads against the others and smiling like idiots with our eyes closed. "Ethan gave me the picture."

I smiled up at Ethan then at my dad and yawned. "Sorry. It's been pretty hard to sleep here. I hate hospitals daddy."

"I know you do. But for you and my grand baby in there, you have to. Just think, two weeks and you can go home and start preparing for you little bundle of joy. It's an exciting time, and if you ever need anything just call or text me, baby girl. Same to you, Ethan. You're going to be family." My dad said then cursed under his breath and smiled shyly at me.

"What do you mean daddy?" I asked And saw him blush so I looked at Ethan. "Explain."

"I was going to do this later but fine. I'll do it now since someone couldn't keep his trap shut." Ethan said and shot a glare at my father before he got down on one knee and pulled out a box. "Crystal, I know we haven't been together long, and I know that we have our moments but I love you more than anything. I've never wanted to be with someone as much as I want to be with you. Our baby is going to be well loved and cared for. I already have a job and it pays well. We can have the life you dreamed of. If you want a bigger house we can move. What I'm trying to ask is... Will you marry me?"

My eyes teared up and I stared at Ethan in shock. All my dreams really were coming true and I couldn't be happier. Everyone stared at me as I sat in silence and I watched Ethan visibly gulp in fear.

"Yes, Ethan. I'll marry you!" I said and he put the diamond ring on my finger. A perfect fit.

He wrapped me in his arms and I smiled. The man of my dreams is going to be my husband.

3 weeks later:

"Ethan!" I called as I got out of bed carefully and rubbed my belly. It was starting to round even more and I couldn't help but keep my hands off it.

"Yes sweetie?" Ethan asked as he came into the room and smiled at me. "How do you feel?"

"I'm fine. Restless. The first trimester is over so I can move around more now." I said and slowly walked over to him and he got on his knees to rub and kiss my belly. "6 more weeks until we find out what we're having, sweetie."

"I'm excited." Ethan days before standing up. "So is it about that time that we start buying stuff for the nursery and getting you maternity clothes?"

"I think it is." I said and then walked away to change and then headed off to shop.

After we shopped and got everything I thought we could need right now, we decided to head back home and Ethan put the stuff in the room we decided to use as a nursery. Which was a room that was right next door to ours. I walked up the stairs, carrying a couple bags of my new clothes and put them away in the closet before taking a warm shower and changing into a new violet maternity long sleeve top and a pair of maternity jeans.

"You look great." Ethan said and kissed my forehead. "Sweetie, I'm sorry, but I've got some work to do at the office. Ill be home later okay? Don't stay up and wait for me."

I smiled and he kissed me softly before he grabbed his jacket and gun and left. Having a parole officer as my fiancée was definitely interesting but it gave us plenty of money, so I didn't have to worry about anything right now. And Ethan doesn't want me to work, he wants me to be a stay at home mom.

I wandered into the nursery and grabbed my paints and a paint pallet and sat on the floor with my sketchbook and sketched out my design before sketching it on the walls and taking a step back to look at it. A forest theme, with monkeys and other animals in the trees. We agreed on a jungle book theme so I wanted to paint the room myself.

I got to work on painting and got almost a whole wall done before my belly growled and I started to feel a little sick from the paint fumes. So I walked to the window and opened it, making sure the screen was locked and headed down to the kitchen to find food. I settled on Chinese food and ordered it and sat on the couch watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives with guy fieri while waiting.

When the doorbell rang I got up and opened it, then paid for my food and gave the guy a nice tip and was about to shut the door when I saw someone pull up into the driveway and get out. My mom walked up to me and just glared.

"Aren't you going to let me in?" She demanded and I stood my ground.

"Actually no. Not after how you just walked out when i announced I was pregnant. I want nothing to do with you right now, mother." I said and then was about to slam the door shut when she shoved her foot in and pushed the door open, making me stumble back and hit the wall.

"I'm your mother and you will respect me." She said and I set the food on the floor just as she grabbed the back of my hair and dragged me outside into the cold. "Where's your precious boyfriend? Out with another woman?"

"He's at work, mother. He has to work to support me and our baby. And he's not my boyfriend anymore, he's my fiancée." I said and managed to twist and get her hand free of my hair.

The bitch laughed and slapped me across my face. "A whore like you? A mother and a wife?! You're not good enough for that. What if I tell Ethan about all the things you did with Ricky? What would he think about you then?" She said and stood there with her arms crossed over his chest.

"He already knows." I said as I got up and brushed the snow off my jeans.

"He what?!" She screamed and I heard someone getting closer just as she hit me again and I stumbled back.

"Get the fuck away from her!" My brother yelled and grabbed me, wrapping me in his jacket before shoving me behind him so that he was between our mother and me. "She's pregnant for fucks sake mother! Do you not have any respect?!"

"She's a whore, Clay! Why are you defending her?" My mother yelled at him and then slapped him. "I raised you both better than this! She shouldn't be pregnant! She should still be in school, working to be a doctor!"

"I Never wanted to be a doctor mother!" I yelled and felt the tears welling up in my eyes as I leaned into clays side and held his hand. "I'm having a baby, and if you can't respect that, then stay the hell away from me and Ethan. This is your grand child, and you don't even seem to care! So get the fuck off my property before I call the police and have you arrested for assault and trespassing!"

She glared at me before turning and getting into her car and gunning it out of the neighborhood. I turned and looked at clay who was glaring at her car as it raced down the street.

"Wanna come in? I ordered Chinese food before the bitch showed up." I said and he stared down at me and poked my belly. "Hey! That's your niece or nephew you're poking!"

"Exactly why I did it." He said and swung me up into his arms and carried me inside. Once he shut the door he set me on the floor then I grabbed my food and went into the living room and curled up on the couch and pulled out the boxes of my food, and a couple for clay. And that still left enough for me for later or for Ethan if he wanted it.

"So how's the nursery coming along?" He asked and that was just the start of the evening spent with my twin.