Chapter 5:

"There's nothing between Ethan and I." I said and crossed my arms over my chest, trying to get my body to stop trembling. Sure, it was cold, and that's what was partially effecting me, but it was mainly how shot my nerves were. "Look, Leland. I don't have time for your shit. I've got enough to deal with."

"Like what?" Leland asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

"For one, my abusive ex boyfriend is coming to try and drag me back home!" I hissed at him as the tears burned my eyes again. With a sigh I turned and walked away from the boys and got to the dorm and shut and locked the door then walked over and locked my window and shut the curtains.

I stripped off my clothes and walked into the bathroom and ran a hot shower. Maybe this would help me relax a little bit. I washed my hair and body and shaved then just relaxed before grabbing the blade sitting on the side of the tub and made a small cut on my inner thigh. Then another. The third one hurt the most and I hissed in pain as the water washed the blood away.

When I finally shut the water off I was still a little shaky but I was alright. I looked at my naked body in the motto and started to cry. Jake had ruined me. Scars ran across my stomach in different lines and my breasts had minor scars on them that were harder to see but I knew where they were. I remember every time he left a scar. I was ugly now.

I wrapped myself in a towel and then walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom and to the closet where I pulled out a pair of tight black jeans and a black strapless top. Then I pulled on blue lace panties and a matching strapless bra then pulled on the outfit and finished it with a pair of black high top vans.

Once I was dressed I went back into the bathroom and brushed out my hair and let it hang over my shoulders then I forced a smile at myself in the mirror. My once bright blueish-violet eyes were now dark and filled with pain. A knock on the door made me grip the counter so hard my knuckles turned white. The knocking turned into pounding and I started to breathe heavier.

"Open the fucking door, Crystal!" Came a voice from my nightmares and I struggled to stay upright as fear took over my body. I ran to the bedroom and snatched my phone before running back to the bathroom and shutting and locking the door. I dialed clays number as sobs wracked my body.

"What is it, Crystal? I'm almost there!" Clay said and I started to cry harder. "Crys? What's going on?"

"He's here. He's pounding on my door. I'm locked in the bathroom." I said into the receiver and heard him gun the engine. The pouring got louder until it stopped and I came out of the bathroom.

"Crystal?" Came Ethan's voice and I slowly walked to the door and opened it extremely slow, barely peeking out. Jake was on the ground and Leland was sitting on him. "Crystal? Are you okay?"

"I'm... F-fine." I stuttered and opened the door more. Leland got up and went to grab jake but jake was faster and jumped up and grabbed me around the throat, landing a swift punch to my ribs, knocking the wind out of me. I gasped and right when jake was about to punch me in the face another set of hands came up and grabbed jake, yanking him back and I saw a security officer followed by none other than Clayton.

Clayton ran to me and wrapped me in his arms, holding me tight and he started crying. His hands stroked up and down my back and I leaned heavily into him as I struggled to breathe evenly.

"Don't worry, ma'am. I'll deal with this man." The security officer said and dragged jake away, who was fighting him the whole way. That's when I turned and looked at Ethan to see that Leland was gone. Ethan came in and I sat on the bed, cradling my ribs.

"He hits hard." I said with a sarcastic chuckle and watched my brothers eyes narrow. Then he looked at Ethan.

"I'm Clayton. Crystals twin." Clay said and held his hand out to Ethan who took it.

"Ethan. The man trying to win your sisters heart." Ethan said and my heart sunk.

"That's going to be hard with Ricky." Clay said then looked at me wide eyed and turned and left.

"Ricky?" Ethan asked and looked at me as tears fell from my eyes. "Who's Ricky?"

"The man I love. He disappeared four years ago. When jake started hanging around me. I miss him so much." I said and started to cry. "I can't love anyone but him. Fuck, I don't even know if he's still alive."

I got up and ran for the bathroom and shut and locked the door before turning on the shower to drown out my sobs. My body gave out and I landed in a heap on the floor, sobs wracking my body.

"Ricky, why did you have to leave me? I need you so much!" I cried.