Venue

R⃣ E⃣ C⃣ A⃣ P⃣

"Who knew that the big bad mafia man is a cuddler?" I laugh as he lays his head on top of my chest.

"Well, you knew for a pretty long time." He says as he yawn's at the end.

I shrug my shoulders and fell into a deep slumber.

--------

IRENE P.O.V

I open my eyes to see absolutely nothing, the only source of light was the small gap between the curtains. The sound that woke me up was the sound of my ringtone. Ugh~

"Hello?" I ask the caller.

"Hi, is this soon to be Mrs. Haven?"

"Yes, this is she. Who is this?"

"My name is Christin Quan, I'm your wedding planner. Mr. Haven gave me your number."

"Ah yes!"

"Is Mr. Haven with you right now?"

"He is but currently isn't available"

"I see... I was just wondering what time you are available today to start planning?"

"What time are you most available?"

"Is around 3 pm good? I'm available 3-6 which is enough time for me to know what theme and other details to discuss"

"Perfect, I will inform Sebastian. We have already selected a venue, we will meet you there."

"Perfect! Please text me the address"

"Will do."

I cut the call and put my phone on charge after sending the man the venue address.

"Who was that?" I hear Sebastian murmur against my chest.

"The wedding planner."

"Christin Quan," He says as he pulls me back to lay down.

"Yeah, since when did you choose a wedding planner?" I ask as I try getting off the bed but the moment I sat on the edge of the bed, he pulls me into his chest.

"He has been planning weddings for my family for decades." He says against my neck.

"Wait, how old is he?"

"His family are wedding planners for our world, they get paid quite handsomely" He responds finally letting me go.

"Ok, well I sent him the venue address. We're meeting him at 3. Be sure to be their or I'm going to make your day miserable."

"I have a meeting at 2 but I will meet you there, don't be surprised if I'm a bit late." He says as he grabs his phone.

"Ok,  I also placed the newly edited contracts on your desk. Bring them with you to work to check them"

"Ok"

TIME-LAPSE TO THE VENUE

This venue was actually selected by both mine and Sebastian's mom and let me tell you... They didn't get along.

Flashback

"Mom, you came!" I hug my mom and she enters the room.

"Why wouldn't I? My only daughter is finally getting married! Oh my... Is that him?" She asks as she covers her mouth with her hand.

"I know Mom, I know what you're thinking and I 100% agree with you" Knowing that she's referring to how handsome he looks.

"Good Morning Mrs. Rai. I'm Sebastian, it's an honour to meet the women who brought this beauty into the world" Sebastian said as he walked over to us with his genuine smile and a wink at my way.

"Why thank you." My mother replied with a big smile but dropped the moment someone entered the room.

"Clive," Mom says with a straight face.

"Dayla" Sebastian's mother who I just recognized replied.

Sebastian is a replica of his mother. Those piercing eyes, thick long hair and that expression... A resting bitch face she has.

"Are you Irene?" His mother asks.

"Yes, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Haven." She doesn't seem as bad as my mother used to describe her.

"What a beautiful lady you have brought into the world Dayla," His mother says as she inspects me.

"I can say the same, a handsome man indeed." My mom sounds like she's restraining herself.

"Irene, I must say I am impressed with your manners. From what I've heard, you're a reckless girl"

"Oh, that's true! I am reckless I admit but I also know how to respect my elders." I gave her a smile and a chuckle.

She smiles and hums in approval.

Present

"Do you know what happened between our mothers?" I ask Sebastian as we move through the hallways of the venue.

"Something like... High school enemies I've heard" 

"I see..." I stop in my tracks as I spot a new adjustment that is needed.

"You see the fabrics dangling from the poles?" He hums in response.

"Rather than having them white, we should change it to gold or beige. There is too much white going on around here, we should discuss the colour palette again with Mr. Quan."

"I guess we can fix that."

"Ok, great! Let's head home now."

"Before we go, I have something to discuss with you"

"Which is?" Urging him to continue so I can kick these heals off my feat.

"We're deciding to get a new building... More like a whole set of buildings since my family is growing larger."

"Family? Meaning your Mafia?"

"Yes. The women in our family have decided that they would like to design the buildings and put their thought into it. They were hoping if you would join them tomorrow evening for the first step."

"That means I won't have to go to work right? I would happily join them"

"They will all be meeting in the informal living room tomorrow at 12am." He informs he as we make our way to our car.

- Sorry for the very late update. My short break from work is starting so I will have plenty of time to update now.