Everybody Loves A Clown

I stood there, numb and lifeless. I didnt think John's death would take this much of a toll on me. I had to hide it, for my brothers sake. The three of us just watched as John's body burned. Giving him the hunter funeral he deserved.

I wish I could have done something. Something to prevent this. I felt like I could feel my brothers pain on top of my own. It was weighing.

I tried my hardest not to glance up at my older brothers, I hated to see them cry.

Silent tears fell down my cheeks. I made no move to wipe them away. Sam spoke up, disturbing the sound of the crackling fire.

"Before he, did he say anything to you, about anyting?"

"No, nothing." Dean mumbled.

It had been a week since that day. I was standing outside with Dean who was under the Impala trying to bring her back to life. I picked at the stitches that still littered my stomach, they would have to be removed soon.

"How's the car coming along?" Sam asked as he walked over to us.

"Slow." I responded pulling my muscle shirt back down.

"Yeah, need any help?"

"What, you under a hood, I'll pass." Dean remarked as I smirked. I knew as much as Dean did, Sammy, not so much.

Zack had taught me a few things about mortacyle's which is a completely different thing, but he left because he found a case over in Nevada.

"Need anything else then?"

"Stop it Sam." Dean demanded coming out from under the car. I started handing him all the tools I already knew he needed.

"Stop what?"

"Stop asking if I need anything, stop asking if I'm okay, I'm okay, really, I promise."

I knew for a fact our older brother was lying, but I wasn't going to bring anything to it.

"All right Dean, it's just, we've been at Bobby's for over a week now and you haven't brought up dad once."

Not wanting to hear about John, or even a fight, I crawled onto the scooter and replaced Dean under the Impala. Looking at what he had already fixed and adding my little touches.

"You know what, you're right, come here, I'm gonna lay my head gently on your shoulder, maybe we could cry and hug, and maybe even slow dance." Dean sassed.

"Don't patronize me Dean, dad is dead, the colt is gone, and it seems pretty damn likely that the demon is behind all of this, and you're acting like nothing happened." Sam started to shout.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Ssy something, all right, hell say anything, aren't you angry, don't you want revenge, but all you do is sit out here with Babe all day long buried underneath this damn car!"

I crawled out from under the car and made eye contact with Sam.

"And even you Pea, you wander off into the forest to shoot and use your magic out there, you break down while alone!"

I looked down to the gravel. Averting eye contact.

"Revnge huh?" Dean spoke up again.

"Yeah!" Sam yelled.

"Sounds good, got any leads on where the demon is, making heads or tails of any of dad's research, cause I sure ain't, when we do finally find it, oh no wait, like you said the colts gone, but I'm sure you've figured out another way to kill it cause we sure as hell ain't using our little sister."