Crossroad Blue (Final Part)

Now here we were trotting up the steps of Evan Hudson's house, hoping he was still alive. Sam knocked on the door of yet another brilliant house. Who I believe to be Evan, opened the door.

"Evan Hudson?" Sam asked.

"Yeah?"

Bingo.

"You ever been to a bar called Llyods, would have been about 10 years ago." Dean asked.

With that, he shut the door frantically.

"Come on, we're not demons!" I shouted.

"Any other bright ideas?" Sam looked at Dean with his eyebrows raised.

Dean turned slightly and kicked the door in.

"Well I mean that works too." I laughed as we sauntered into his house. Dean just looked down and smiled at me.

We walked up the stairs where we presumed Evan to be. Dean was about to kick down the door when Sam stopped him, slowly put his leg down, turned over and opened the door with the handle. I stifled a giggle at Dean as he just rolled his eyes at me. We slowly opened the door to what looked to be his office.

"Evan?" I called softly.

He popped out from behind a wall with his hands up.

"Please, please don't hurt me." He pleaded.

"We're not gonna hurt you, all right, we're here to help you."

"We know all about the genius deal you made." Dean admitted.

"What, how?"

"Doesn't matter, all that matters is we're trying to stop it." Sam declared.

"How do I know you're not lying."

"You don't but you're kind of running low on options, there buddy boy." Dean remarked.

Evan took a deep sigh and realized Dean was right.

"Can- can you stop it?" Evan asked us.

"Don't know, we'll try." I uttered, kind of ashamed we went into this blind. We really don't know how to help.

"I don't want to die." He admitted with his head in his eyes.

"Of course you don't not now." Dean replied sarcastically.

"Dean, stop." Sam warned.

"What'd you ask for anyway, Ev, huh, never need viagra, bowl a perfect game, what?"

"My wife." Evan admitted.

Oh. oh no.

"Right getting the girl, that's worth a trip to hell for." Dean remarked.

From where I was standing between my brothers, I looked up at Dean.

"I don't think that's what he meant Dean." I muttered so low I thought only I could hear it, but judging by the look on his face, my older brother heard me too.

"I was desperate." Evan admitted.

"Desperate?" Sam asked.

"Julie, was dying."

"You did it to save her?" Dean asked Evan.

"She had cancer, they had stopped treatment, they were moving her into hospice, they kept saying, 'matter of days,' so yeah I made the deal, and I'd do it again, I would have died for her on the spot."

"Did you ever think about her in all of this?" Dean questioned.

"I did this for her!" Evan yelled.

"You sure about that, I think you did it for yourself, so you wouldn't have to live without her, but guess what, she's gonna have to live without you now, what if she knew how much it cost, what if she knew it cost you your soul, how do you think she'd feel."