No Exit (2)

It was the next day. Sam was out for coffee, Jo and Dean were in the apartment, and I was walking through the complex when suddenly cops rushed by me.

Of course I followed. They leaded me to apartment 2F. The room was covered in crime scene tape, yet another girl, gone. I glanced around the apartment and tried to remember what I could.

I walked into our room, announcing what I had learned.

"Theresa Ellis, apartment 2F, her boyfriend reported her missing around dawn."

"And her apartment?" Jo asked me, as her and the boys hovered over research.

"Cracks all over the plaster, wall's, ceiling, there's ectoplasm too."

"Between that and the tuft of hair, I'd say the suckers coming from the walls." Sam concluded.

"Yeah but who is it, the buildings history's totally clean." Dean added.

Jo picked up a photograph.

"Maybe we're looking in the wrong place." She observed.

"What do you mean?" I asked as she handed me a picture.

"Check this out."

"An empty field?"

"It's where this building was built, take a look at the one next door."

I studied the photograph.

"The windows have bars." I acknowledged out loud.

"We are next door to a prison?" Dean asked.

Jo called Ash.

"And if you breathe a word of this to my mom, that's right I will, with pliers." Jo threatened as I smirked.

She hung up the phone and walked over to my brothers and I.

"Okay, Moyamenaing prison, built in 1835, torn down in 1963 and get this, they used to execute people by hanging them in the empty field next door."

"Well then we need a list of all the people executed there." I told her.

"Ash is already on it."

Sam's scrolled through the list of executions that Ash sent us.

"157 names?" Sam sighed.

"We're gonna need to narrow that down." I crossed my arms.

"Or else we are going to be digging up a hell of a lot of stiffs." Dean commented.

Suddenly Sam stopped scrolling and highlighted a name.

"Herman Webster Mudgett?" He asked outloud.

"Yeah?" Jo questioned.

"Wasn't that H.H. Holmes' real name?" Sam asked looking between Dean and I.

"You got to be kidding me." Dean sighed.

"Yup, Holmes was executed at Moyamensing May 7th, 1896." Dean researched.

"H.H. Holmes himself, come on I mean what are the odds?" I smirked nodding no.

"Who is this guy?" Jo asked.

"The term multi-murder, they coined it to describe Holmes, he was America's first serial killer before anybody knew what a serial killer was." Dean mentioned.

"Yeah he confessed to 27 murders, but some put the death toll at over 100." Sam declared.

"And his victim flavor of choice, pretty, petite, blondes, he used chloroform to kill them." I informed.

"Which is what I smelled in the hallways last night." Dean added.

"At his place cops found human remains, bone fragments, and long locks of bloody blonde hair." I read over Dean's shoulder.

"Boy you sure know how to pick them." Dean commented looking over at Jo.

"We just find the bones salt them and burn them right?" Jo questioned.

"Well it's not that easy, his body is buried in town, but it's incased in a couple tons of concrete." Sam replied with his random knowledge.

"What, why?" Jo asked.

"Well the story goes that he didn't want anybody mutilating his corpse cause you know, it's what he used to do." I answered.

"You know something, we might have an even bigger problem then that." Sam sighed.

"How does this get bigger?" Jo added.

"Holmes built an apartment building in Chicago they called it 'The Murder Castle', the whole place was a death factory they had trap doors, acid vats, quicklime pits, he built these secret chambers inside the walls, he'd lock his victims in keep them alive for days, some he'd suffocate, some he'd let starve to death." Sam informed us.

"So Theresa could still be alive, she could be inside these walls." Jo connected.

"We need sledge hammers, crow bars, we got to smash these walls anywhere thick enough to hide a girl." Dean said getting up from his chair.

Dean, and Jo went off alone, Sam went alone, and I went alone, much to the brothers protests of course, but we need to cover as much ground as possible.

I was crawling through the narrow walls by myself.

"Hello, total natural blonde alone and vulnerable!" I called out as my voice echoed.

Suddenly my phone started ringing causing me to startle a bit.

I struggled getting it out of my back pocket, but soon reached it.

"Hello?"

"Babe, Jo and I are just about finished, so is Sam, how are you?"

"Almost clean Dean, nothing found ye-" I looked over to see some black goo sitting on the left shoulder of my leather jacket.

"Bean, Hello, Babe!"

"Dean, ectoplasm." I whispered.

"Bean get out of there, Now!" I heard my older brother yell through the phone as I slowly looked up.

A twisted face was staring right at me. Knowing it was impossible to defend myself in such a narrow space, I let out a blood curdling scream as everything fell black.