Crossroad Blues

Here we were, yet again. At a low end dinner, eating low end food. I was squashed into a booth next to Sasquatch Sam who was looking up Dean Winchester. After Dean got caught, we tried to stay on the down-low, let's just say, that did not work.

"So much for a low profile, You got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the Feds' database." Sam stated.

This is just great. Just fucking great.

"Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something." Dean smirked.

"Dean this is not funny, this is not good, your face is soon to be plastered everywhere, and you know that is not good for us, it makes the job harder, we got to be more careful now." I scolded him as Sam nodded.

He frowned and looked down.

"Well what do they got on you guys?"

"I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." Sam mumbles.

"What, no accessory, nothing?"

"Shut up."

"You guys are just jealous." Dean laughed.

"No we're not." Sam defended.

"Uh-huh, all right, what do you got on the case there, you innocent, harmless young man you." Dean taunted.

I picked up the paper Sam gave me earlier and answered for him.

"Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." I said fluctuating my voice on the last part.

"Build a high-rise and jump off, that's classy," Dean remarked, "When did he call animal control?"

"Um, two days earlier."

"Did he actually say 'black dog'?"

Sam nodded in response, which I continued.

" 'Vicious, wild, black dog,' the authorities couldn't find it, and no one else saw it, in fact the authorities are a little confused, as to how a wild dog could get past the doorman, take the elevator up, and start roaming the halls of the cushiest joint in town."

"After that, no more calls, He doesn't show up for work, two days later he takes a swan dive." Sam finished for me as I nodded and messed with my magnetic rings.

"You think we're dealing with an actual black dog?" Dean asked us.

Sam and I looked at each other and shrugged while Dean grabbed the research notes.

"Well, maybe."

"What's the lore on it?"

"It's all pretty vague, there are spectral black dogs all over the world, but some say they're animal spirits, others say death omens, but anyways whatever they are, they're big, nasty...." Sam was cut off by Dean.

"Yeah, bet they can hump the crap out of your leg, look at that one." Dean laughed, showing us a picture of the massive dog Sam found during his research.

I looked at Dean with 'are you serious' eyes.

"What, they could..."

The boys and I showed up to Sean's business partner's house. All dolled up, just to ask him some questions. If you ask me, I actually liked wearing heels. Sure they were impractical, but at least I was taller, and they made me feel pretty, like they just went with the rest of the outfit ya know?