Bloodlust (2)

It had been a couple minutes after the phone call. Sam and I were outside getting a drink from this rusty old vending machine.

"Did it eat your money?" I asked with a giggle. He smiled back.

"No, no, no, we sharing?"

"Yeah."

He grabbed the drink from the slot as we both walked over to the Impala.

I turned around to hear what sounded like rustling behind me.

As we got closer to our room, the feeling of being watched grew stronger. Sam opened the can and gave me first sip as I handed it back to him. We both walked a little quicker to our room as Sam brought out the key. We both took one final glance around before heading inside.

I closed and locked the door as we both leaned on it looking at eachother. I rubbed my eyes trying to get rid of the feeling when I heard the can fall to the floor.

I opened my eyes to see Sam looking at a man laying on the floor in pain.

"Sam!" I shouted as another guy jumped him. Suddenly the man got up from the floor and knocked Sam out cold.

I grabbed the guy and placed his head within my hands. My eyes started glowing red when somebody shouted.

"Let him go, or I'll kill him."

I looked over to see the man with a gun pointed to Sam's head.

Knowing that I wasn't going to win this, I released him. I turned my eyes to a normal color and lifted my hands to the air in surrender.

"Now move the gun away from him." I demanded through gritted teeth.

"Sure."

He slowly moved the gun away, when something hard hit my head, then everything fell black and silent.

I slowly started gaining conciousness as a bag was ripped from my head. I immediately went to talk only to realize a bandana was refraining me from doing so. I immediately looked around to see Sam in the same state as I was.

He asked me if I was okay with his eyes and a simple nod. I did the same telling him I was fine, then asked him the same question. He nodded once as I let out a sigh of relief.

I looked up to see the bartender we asked questions staring directly at me. He pushed out his fangs and slowly started creeping towards me.

I could hear Sam struggling against his bonds as he watched me with delicate eyes.

As soon as the bartender got close enough, I picked up my leg and kicked him square in the stomach.

Now pissed he advanced towards me swiftly when a woman spoke up.

"Wait, step back Eli."

He slowly walked back retreating his fangs.

"My name is Lenore, I'm not going to hurt you two, we just want to talk."

She came over and ripped the bandanas from our mouths.

She then gestured towards Eli, who hesitantly walked over to my chair, lifted it and me up effortlessly, and threw me down a few feet next to Sam.

"Talk, yeah, okay, but I might have a tough time paying attention to much, beside Eli's teeth." Sam shot back.

"He won't hurt you either, you have my word." Lenore nodded.

"Your word, oh yeah great, thanks." I commented rolling my eyes.

"Listen lady no offense, but you're not the first vampire we've ever meet." Sam declared.