Chapter 30

My palms were already sweating like hell while waiting for Nix to start. I decided to get my tattoo on the right side of my rib and yes, I was perfectly warned that the rib part hurt like a bitch but I wanted this badly. I was already laying on my left side with my shirt raised. I was taking deep breaths while looking at the wall on the other side of the room.

Nix turned on the machine and when I heard the buzzing, I immediately shut my eyes tightly. "You ready?" Nix asked adjusting the light and focusing it on me. "I don't know but just get on with it" I said with eyes still shut tightly. I can hear some shuffling beside me but ignored it and braced myself for the pain that I was about to feel. Instead of pain, I felt a soft and warm hand hold my hand tightly. I open my eyes and saw Xander infront of me, holding my hand. He gave me the best reassuring smile that made me smile back "She's ready, Nix" Xander said

"I'm going to do one small line first and then you tell me if you can handle the pain okay?" I nod and held on to Xander's big hand tightly. I felt Nix dragging her machine slowly making me feel a stinging pain on my rib. It did hurt like a bitch but it was tolerable. She lifts the machine and looks at me "You got it?" I nod and forced a smile "Yeah I got it"

After what felt like an hour, Nix turned off her machine and wiped my freshly inked skin "You're done, wildcat" I open my eyes and saw Xander smiling while looking at my tattoo "How does it look?" I asked biting my lip, too exhausted to look at my tattoo. The pain drained too much energy from me. "It looks good on you" Xander said, and that was enough for me to love my tattoo.

Xander stands up and lets go of my hand. I push myself up and looked at the mirror. The skin around my tattoo was red but the tattoo looked absolutely flawless and good. I was admiring my new ink while Nix and Xander were talking. I look at Nix "Thank you! It looks amazing!" Nix pretends to flip her hair even though she was rocking a pixie cut "Thanks darling" I look at Xander who was now sitting on the chair "What are you getting?" I asked excitedly. Xander shrugs "You'll see once its done" I roll my eyes and watch Nix place her gun on Xander's nape.

After a few minutes of awkwardly trying to make myself busy because Xander was facing me and looking at me while getting his tattoo done. Nix wipes Xander's nape and sighs in satisfaction "All done" She starts removing her gloves and putting away her equipments. Xander stands and hands me his phone "Can you take a picture of it so I can see it?" I nod and wait for him to turn around.

Xander turns and I completely froze. I look at Xander's freshly new inked ocean wave tattoo, although his tattoo wasn't like mine that was simple, his was a harsh and stronger version of my tattoo. I can feel my face getting hotter and redder.

Does it mean we have the same tattoo? Like a couple tattoo? Oh God. What are you thinking, Lauren? You're not even a couple for God sake! He probably just wants something that will make him remember about this trip too!

I shake my thoughts away and quickly snapped a photo of his tattoo. After a few pictures he turns around and thanks me. I bite my lip and quickly got my things off the chair.

"How much is the tattoo?" I asked opening my bag to get my wallet but Xander quickly snatched my bag "I got it" Xander said nonchalantly. "No it's fine, I'll pay for mine" I said trying to get my bag back but he blocks my hand "I brought you here, I'll pay for it" I was about to argue back but Nix sighs loudly "I don't care who pays as long as I'm getting paid" Nix said walking out of the room. We both quietly follow her back to the reception area and Xander hands her some cash. I quietly stand behind Xander while looking at him

He was so nice and generous. Was he like this to everyone?

"Thanks again, Nix. See you around" Nix nods and waves goodbye "See you around, Xander. Nice meeting you, Lauren!" I smiled and waved goodbye. We both walk back to the car and Xander hands me back my bag. "Thank you" I said shyly. Xander nods and starts the car "Thank you also" Xander said while driving "For what?" I asked confused "For giving me the idea to get a tattoo that will remind me of this trip" I look at his nape and smiled "Oh, well you're welcome I guess" I said smiling. He chuckles and we sat in comfortable silence during the whole ride back home.