Chapter 5

David carried Andrea's bags. I was still making sure I didn't forget anything. I close all of my bags. I sigh and sat down on my bed.

Am I really going to live with three people that I just met? I'm so different than before. Not a bad difference, it was actually a good one.

My thoughts were interrupted when Xander came inside my room wearing a plain black shirt and pants. His hair was messy but it looked good and he was wearing shades. He grabs four of my bags, two on each hand.

"It's okay you don't need to carry my bags" I said standing up. He looks at me "It's going to take you five hours before you get your things in the car if I don't carry them for you" He walks away. I was left there standing with my mouth slightly open.

Was he insulting me?

"Ely come on!" David yelled from downstairs. "I'm coming!" I put my shades on to cover the eye bags that I gained this morning. I couldn't sleep last night. I was too busy thinking about this trip. "All of the bags are inside the mini bus. Come on!"

Wait.....bus?

We walk outside and I look at the mini bus that was parked in front of my house. "Are we seriously going to use that?" David looks at me "What did you expect? That we were going to use an ordinary car?" He chuckles. I look at him confused "Uhh why not?" He looks at me like I was stupid "Your butt will hurt like hell"

"We have a twenty hour drive to do come on!" Xander said. My eyes widened "Twenty hours?! Where the hell are we going? To Narnia?!" I said. David laughs "Surprise"

We enter the door. Me and Andrea looked at each other. This bus literally had a mini kitchen, two huge comfortable coaches, a small bathroom. David opens a door that was at the back. "Come here girls"

I look at the medium sized room. It had 2 bunk beds. "This is where we will be sleeping" He said. "Oh my god, we're so going to have a great time!" Andrea said while jumping. Three of us walks back to where Xander was. "Who's driving first?" Xander asked looking at David. "I will Andrea will be my company" David said. "I'll be driving til' night time. If me and Andrea feels sleepy then we will switch. Little ely here will be your company" I scratch my arm. "I don't need company" Xander said. "Yes you do, It will help a lot. Talking to a hot girl with a good sense of humor for hours is like drinking ten cups of coffee" Xander doesn't answer. David grabs Andrea's hand and leads her to the passenger seat. After two minutes, the engine turns on and our twenty hour trip started. I look at Xander who opens the fridge and grabs two bottles of beer.

"You're going to drink?" I asked. He just nods, not looking at me. "But you're going to drive later, you're going to be drunk" He looks at me and gives me his famous smirk. "I don't get drunk, love" He said then he goes inside the room.

He just called me love...

"Hey Lauren, where's Xander?" Andrea asked looking at me. "He went inside the room" I said. "Was he holding a bottle of beer?" David asked, keeping his eyes on the road. "Yes" I said. He chuckles "That asshole"

"Do you have any food here?" I asked while opening the fridge. "Look at the cabinets, I have snacks there and canned goods enough for one week" I open the first cabinet and I see plenty of different kinds of canned goods. I open the second one and see tons of chips and chocolates. I open the third one and I see a bag of popcorn.

"Do you guys want popcorn?" I asked. "Yes please!" Andrea said with a huge smile on her face. I grab the bag and I put it inside the microwave. I walk to Andrea and David. "What time is it?"

"8:10 a.m" David answered. I sigh "19 hours and 50 minutes to go, yay" I said sarcastically. David laughs "It'll be worth it, don't worry. I won't disappoint you" I smile "You better not"

The popcorn was finished. I grab the bag and I shared it with David and Andrea. David turns the radio on and Drops Of Jupiter by Train started playing. "I love this song" I said while smiling and singing a long. David looks at me "I didn't know you can sing"

"There's a lot of things about me that you don't know, little David" I said

"I would love to know more, little Ely" He said while smiling. A real smile. He wasn't smirking or giving me a sarcastic smile. It was a real smile. His smile made me return a smile. I started singing again then when the chorus came, Andrea started singing a long loudly.

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?

David laughs but then he started singing.

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

We started head banging while laughing. I look at David who was laughing and Andrea who was blabbering about how amazing our trip is going to be. I look at the door of our room. I wish Xander would just stop being so complicated. He acts like he doesn't care about anyone, not even himself. He's so dark and mysterious.

But, it's odd how something so dark can be so beautiful...

One piece of popcorn hits my face. I look at Andrea who was laughing. "Why did you stop singing? I don't know the lyrics! Come on!"

Maybe this trip isn't going to be bad after all?

--------

For those who doesn't know the song. Please do listen to it! It's an amazing song.