Chapter 46

"So this therapist of yours, is she good?" I asked, looking at him. We've been on the road for twenty minutes now. According to Xander, our destination was only an hour away from our house.

"She's good. She's almost the same age as me so it makes thing easier to understand" He said, nodding his head

I know it's childish but something inside me felt a little jealous when he said that. Alexander Woods is someone who can get any woman that he wants. I'm pretty sure this therapist will be attracted to him and his charm.

"I see" I said, looking away and focusing on the view outside. I can feel him looking at me but I ignored it "Would you like me to find a different therapist?" I quickly look at him "What? Why? I thought you said she was good?" He gives me a small smile, eyes now focused on the road "I don't want you to be bothered by anything especially anyone and right now, I can see it on your face that you're completely bothered by the fact that my therapist is a woman"

Dang it, he was good

But I wouldn't admit that

"What? Ofcourse not! We're talking about you and your mental health here. If she's good and she's helping you then she's doing a fantastic job and I wouldn't want her to be replaced" I said sincerely

It was true. Yes, I do admit that I'm a bit bothered by the fact that his therapist was a female who was almost the same age as him and that they would have to talk to each other very often but if that's what he needs and that's what will help him then so be it.

I wasn't that petty or immature

I just felt a little jealous

He places a hand on top of my left thigh and gently strokes my skin with his thumb "Just tell me if there's anything that's bothering you okay? I'll handle it for you" I look at him, feeling my heart flutter at his words.

This guy was a true man

I place a hand on top of his, giving it a gentle squeeze "Okay" I said softly

...

"We're here" He said, parking his car in an open parking. I look outside and see a few cars parked, some people were fixing there hiking bags and putting on sunscreen.

I curse myself for not thinking of bringing sunscreen since it was pretty sunny and hot today.

Both of us got out of the car and walks to his trunk. He opens the trunk and grabbed his bag, he brings out a sunscreen and a bug repellent spray.

He hands me the sunscreen and I thank him. I applied some on my arms and legs and a few on my face. After that he hands me the bug repellent spray and I sprayed some on my clothes.

"All set?" He asked, closing his bag. I nod, grabbing my bag from the trunk. He stands there, looking at me making me feel nervous "What?" I asked nervously "Hold on" He said, walking up to the driver's seat and grabbed something inside his car. He comes back holding a black baseball cap and gently puts it on me "Lets go" He said, grabbing my hand and leading the way.

...

"Have you been here before?" I asked, walking beside him. We've been walking for a few minutes now and honestly, hiking wasn't that bad. Well atleast not where he brought me. The place seemed like it was made for beginner hikers, the path and trails that we were walking on was smooth and it was easy to find the way up the mountain.