Chapter 51

I woke up late today

I woke up at around twelve and I immediately started getting ready for work. I wasn't able to set my alarm at eleven thirty because Xander and I were too busy talking on the phone last night.

After dropping me off, he immediately calls me and we just started talking to each other while he was driving to meet up with his uncle making me forget to set an alarm.

My doorbell rings, telling me that Andrea was already here. I quickly grab my jacket and bag then darted downstairs to open the front door.

I look at Andrea who was wearing a raincoat and a frown "I hate rain" She said making me chuckle "Well, according to the news, today is the last day of rain today so cheer up" I said locking the front door and putting on my jacket.

We started walking to the diner side by side. I look up at the sky and noticed how gloomy and dark it was "Everything looks so boring and sad when it's raining" Andrea said, still not in the mood "True" I nod, still looking at the sky.

Something about the weather changed my mood. It almost seemed like today was going to be a sad day "You and Xander seems to be doing great" Andrea said, looking at me with a smirk "Everything with us is...perfect" I said, feeling bothered

"Too perfect" I added, looking at the ground "What do you mean?" Andrea asked confused. I shake my head, laughing at myself a little "It's just my paranoid self being you know, paranoid"

"I feel like whenever things go smooth and good, something bad will happen anytime you know?" She nods, understanding "It doesn't always end up like that, you know?" I nod "Yeah" She sighs and hooks her arm around mine "I think me being a debbie downer is also affecting your mood, how about we talk about how happy I am because David is finally coming back today!" I chuckle at her excitement "I totally forgot about that. Do you guys have any plans? a date maybe?" I said, teasing her "Actually he said he would be at the diner at five with the boys" I gasp "No way! I miss those goofballs" She chuckles "Me too!"

"We should all definitely hang out later" Andrea said. I hesitantly shake my head "Actually, Xander asked me out on a date. He said to wear something nice so a dinner maybe?" She smirks "I bet he's finally going to admit his feelings for you and you guys will be official"

Was he?

I hope he was. I wanted to make us official.

"I hope so" I said with a chuckle. We look at the diner that was full of customers making both of us sigh "Lets just get this over with" Andrea said, rolling her eyes

...

At four in the afternoon the rain started pouring hard which means there were no customers at all. I look at the clock

5:27

I was busy cleaning the counter while Andrea was beside me moaning and groaning about how boring our shift was "We're literally a few minutes away from closing time, A. Hang in there" I said grabbing the plate and cup that I used and going to the kitchen to place it in the sink to wash it.

"David!" I heard Andrea yell making me chuckle. I quickly wash the dishes that I used and walked back. I see David turning the 'open' sign to 'closed' making me confused

"Is it 6 already?" I asked looking at the clock. David turns to look at me and the expression that he had scared me

"David whats going on? What do you mean you need to talk to Lauren? Where have you been? I thought the boys were going to be here?" Andrea asked with frustration. I watch David as he runs a hand through his hair "I'll explain everything later, Andrea" He said with a sigh "I just need to talk to Lauren right now" I look at David confused "The boys are inside the car, you can go see them first" Andrea nods, still confused but listens to him.