Chapter 23

We've been driving for two hours now and we still haven't found the perfect place to camp. I look at the three boys who were playing cards while eating chips. Andrea was busy texting and Xander was inside the room. We used the mini bus because David said he wasn't sure how long the road trip was going to take, he also said the famous 'Better safe than sorry' line. I close the book that I was reading and removed my glasses. I walk to the front and sat on the passenger seat.

"So how's operation 'search for the perfect forest' going?" I said giving him a cheeky smile. He looks at me and chuckles. "To be quite honest with you, it's not going well" He sighs "Don't worry, I'll help you find a place" I look around and there was a road going to left and another one going to the right. "Go right" I said to David while looking at the road. David turns right and I continued to tell him where to go. After a few minutes I point a forest.

"That's perfect" David said while smiling widely. I give him a high five and he parks the mini bus on the side. When the car stopped everyone started asking questions.

"What happened?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Did we arrive?"

"Does anyone have shaving cream?"

I walk to the back and gave them a thumbs up. "Go get your things, we finally arrived" Everyone cheered and started grabbing there stuff. I knock on the bedroom door and didn't bother to wait for a reply. I open the door and see Xander reading a book while drinking tea. I stop to look at him for a second because he looked wonderful. He was relaxing on the bottom part of the bunk bed, shirtless which gave me access to his beautiful tattoos. He was holding a book using his left hand and a tea using his right hand.

"We're here" I said softly. He doesn't look at me but nods. "Give me a minute" I nod and closed the door. I look at the empty bus and grabbed my phone. I see everyone stretching and fixing their backpacks. I grab mine and gently placed it on my back. After a few minutes Xander walks out wearing shorts and a plain white shirt and shades. He grabs his bag and searches for something. His eyes lands on my bag and I immediately went to David's side. I didn't want him to carry my bag for me, well I'm not actually sure if that's what he was planning to do but just to be sure.

"Come on, we got a long walk to do" Everyone groans including me. We all started moving our legs and followed David to who knows where. Andrea and David started flirting in front of me which was annoying the crap out of me. Don't get me wrong, I love them both but seriously? Flirting in front of a single person is so disrespectful. "Feeling lonely?" Gabriel asked while wrapping an arm on my shoulder. "Nope, she's with me" Jase said wrapping an arm on my shoulder too. I roll my eyes while listening to them argue. I remove both of their arms and glared at them. "I already have this huge ass bag hanging on my shoulder which is very hard to carry and both of your fat arms are not helping" I said annoyed. They both look at me with a fake hurt expression on and gasped dramatically. "You are a mean mean person, Lauren" Jase said dramatically. "Thank you" I said playfully and started walking again. My phone started ringing and I look at the caller and saw West's name.

"Hello?" I said. "How's my little girl doing?" I roll my eyes but smiled. "For your information I'm five seven" West snorts "And your point is?" I huff "I'm a tall person, you idiot" He laughs loudly.

"Suuuure" West said playfully. "Whatever, did you just call me to annoy the crap out of me?" I said while smiling. "No, I actually have a good reason why I wasted my precious time to call you" I roll my eyes "You free tonight?" He asked. I smirk "Are you asking me out?"