Chapter 22

I look at Xander with a surprised expression on. He was wearing a plain black shirt that hugged his muscles perfectly and dark gray sweatpants.

How can someone be this perfect?

I look at him and saw him watching me checking him out which snapped me out.

"Hi, do you need anything?" I asked quietly trying to hide my blushing cheeks. "I just came here to check up on you" He said like checking up on me was a normal thing to do. I look at him confused "Why?" He sighs and closes the door. "David told me about what happened with you and Chloe"

My eyes widened. That bastard, he shouldn't have told Xander! I don't want Xander to think that I'm that kind of girl. "W-what? I'm okay psh that was nothing" I said trying to act okay and calm. I stand up and went to my closet and grabbed some comfortable shorts and a loose shirt. "Don't worry, I didn't hurt your girlfriend or anything" I said facing the closet, not looking at him because I didn't want him to see the sad expression that appeared on my face when I called Chloe his girlfriend.

"She's not my girlfriend" He said calmly. I can feel a smile forming on my lips. "I don't do relationships, Lauren" The smile instantly fell. Ofcourse he doesn't, he's Alexander Woods for god sake! He's nothing but bad news and heartbreaks. He just plays with girls and once he gets bored he just throws them away like a piece of gum that he chew. I close the closet and finally faced him. "Then why were you guys kissing?" I asked confidently. He stares at me like he was trying to find something. "Kissing doesn't mean people are together" He said with a bored tone which kind of made me mad. "Wrong. Before, kissing was just for couples in love but now some idiots think kissing is for fun and games" I said entering the bathroom, not closing the door. I started changing my clothes while talking about how he should stop playing with other girls' feelings.

I exit the bathroom and was immediately pinned to the wall by Xander's strong arms. My eyes widened when I felt my back hit the hard wall roughly and when I felt Xander's hard chest on mine. "I don't play with their feelings, Lauren" He hissed. "I choose the ones who are with me for sex, nothing but sex" His face comes closer to my face. I felt the tip of his nose touch mine.

"No feelings, just sex"

I couldn't say anything, I wanted to talk and tell him something but my mind went blank. So I just stared at him like an idiot.

"Don't you atleast want to try?" I whispered. He looks at me with intense eyes. "Try what?" He said huskily. "Fall in love" I said "I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there wh-"

"I don't do relationships" He said with a hard tone. I look at him and decided to give up. Give up on convincing him to fall in love and to give up convincing myself that there's a chance for us. I just nod and looked away. He takes a step back and I immediately missed the heat of his body against mine.

"Goodnight" He muttered before going out of my room and closing the door. I release the breath that I didn't know I was holding. I walk towards my bed and winced when my back hit the soft bed. I stand up and raised my shirt and looked at my back on the mirror. I see a large bruise forming on my back. I quickly pull my shirt down and decided to go to bed because I felt my eyes getting heavier.

After a few minutes of thinking about what happening with my life, I finally fell asleep.

......

DAY FIVE

I woke up to see the morning light in my bedroom. I groan and covered my face with the pillow beside me. I try to look for my phone without looking by using my hand, when I felt something hard I immediately grabbed it and looked at the time.

7:35 a.m

Why am I up? It's way too early to be up. I close my eyes trying to get back to sleep but couldn't so instead I just went to the bathroom and took a long bath. I was humming while scrubbing my legs when I heard a knock on my bathroom door. I turn off the water to hear who was talking.

"Lauren?" I instantly recognized Andrea's voice. "Yeah?" I yelled. "Hurry up and make sure you pack all the things you need, okay?"

"Wait, what?" I yelled confused. I heard her groan and bang on the door loudly which made me jump. "We're going camping remember? So hurry up before I stab you with whatever you're holding right now!" I look at the soap that I was holding and slowly put it back to where I got it.

.......

I put my phone charger inside my bag and looked around the room searching for any object that I might need. I grab my phone and put it inside my pocket and wore my shades. I carry the big camping bag that David gave me a few minutes ago. Apparently, David bought four huge camping bags for the four of us which is very cute because we all have same looking bags. I walk down the stairs carefully because the bag that I was carrying was pretty heavy.

"Goodmorning!" I greeted everyone with a wide smile. Everyone looks at me and chuckles "You look so small with that bag hanging on your shoulder" David chuckled. I frown and put the bag gently on the floor and winced because my back hurt so much. The bruise that was on my back was pretty large and dark. I look at Xander who was watching my closely. "Bacon?" Gabriel handed me a plate full of bacons. I smile gratefully and grabbed the plate. I sit down beside Gabriel and Xander. "So where are we gonna camp?" I asked while eating the delicious bacon. "We honestly don't know yet" David said. Me and Andrea stop eating and looked at him and Xander.

"Are you serious?" Andrea asked with wide eyes. "We're going to find a place later, don't worry" David said with a reassuring smile. "Are you crazy? We should atleast search or ask someone where it's safe to camp!" David rolls his eyes "Oh please, you guys came all the way here with two strangers who loves to get drunk and you're here ranting about safety" I open my mouth but no words came out.

Well played, David.

So instead I just glared at him which makes him smirk. "Don't worry, babe. I got you" I heard Gabriel say while wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "You're coming?" I asked surprised. "Yes we are" Jase said. I look at Lucas who was busy eating. "That's great" I said while smiling widely. These three boys have been making me happy these past few days. I'm actually starting to like them very much. "I'm coming to make sure you're safe" Gabriel winked. I roll my eyes and removed his arm that was on my shoulder. "I can handle myself, babe" I said while standing up to wash my plate. Lucas started laughing but covered it with a fake cough when he saw Gabriel glaring at him.

"You guys ready?" David asked while grabbing his and Andrea's camping bag. "Hell yeah!" the three boys yelled while grabbing their bags. I slowly and gently put the bag on my shoulder. I winced when the heavy bag touch my bruised back. I was about to put the bag down but someone grabbed it. I look up to see Xander looking at me while holding my bag. "It's okay, I can carry it" I tried to get my bag but he just stops me. "Are you okay? Are you in pain?" He asked, my heart melted when I heard him ask me if I was okay. "Ofcourse I am" I said with a smile. "Do you have a back or shoulder pain? You look like you were having a hard time carrying your bag. "Oh it's just heavy" I lied. I played with my hands and avoided his gaze because I don't know why but I just hate lying to him.

"Come on! Let's go!" We heard David yell from outside. "Let's go" Xander said and walked to the front door. I watch him walk out with my bag on his left shoulder.

Let's just hope and pray that bears won't eat us.

---------