Chapter 39

We were already half way to the movie and everyone was dead silent and focused. Andrea was wrapped around David's arm, using him as a shield whenever something scary happens. I was simply using my hands while Jase was holding my right arm.

"She's dead, she's so fucking dead" Jase said, pulling on my arm slightly. I cover my eyes with one hand but with opened fingers so that I can watch through my fingers.

We watched as the character's grandmother who was now a devil, slowly crawl on the ceiling without the main character knowing that her grandmother was slowly approaching her.

I squeal a little, panicking that at any moment there will be a jump scare. My squeal makes Jase panic even more so he pulls my right arm and buries his face on my arm.

The grandmother jumps on the back of the main character with a loud and creepy sound effect, making Andrea, Jase and I jump.

"Holy shit!" Jase pulls my right arm and was now hiding behind my back "Seriously?" I said trying to look at him "Shut up and watch" Jase said. I chuckle while shaking my head.

Another jump scare comes making Jase jump again "You're literally shaking me right now" I said, chuckling, since he was literally holding on to me, every single move that he does ends up moving me too.

"You're going to hurt her" I heard Xander say from behind me. Jase looks at Xander then to me "Sorry Lauren" He said, embarrassed. I shook my head and gave him a small smile "Its okay" I said. He sits down properly this time but he was still holding on to my right arm.

"You sure you're feeling okay, Lauren? You're kind of hot" Jase said, holding on to my arm a few times, checking my body temperature

I do feel a bit dizzy and my body felt super heavy, I also feel a bit cold but it was still bearable.

"I'm fine, just a bit cold" I said reassuringly with a smile. I return my attention back to the movie, ending the discussion but I can feel Xander's gaze, burning a hold at the back of my head. After a few minutes, I see a hand tap on Jase's shoulder from my peripheral vision but pretend that I don't see it. Jase turns around to look at whoever tapped him but doesn't speak.

After a few seconds, Jase lets go of my arm and stands up. I hear and feel Xander moving from behind me and realized that they were switching seats.

My heart started pounding and leaping with joy.

I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling

Xander sits beside me "You cold? do you want me to get a blanket for you?" He whispered, not wanting to interrupt the movie. I place my hand on his arm and shook my head "No thank you, I'm fine" I smiled. He furrows his eyebrows and holds my hand "You have a fever" He said, holding my hand tightly.

I do feel like I was sick but it's still bearable

"I'm fine, don't worry about me" I said quietly, gently pulling my hand away from his but his grip tightens preventing me from pulling away "Come on, let's go back to the room" He said, preparing to stand up but this time, my grip tightens and I pull him slightly "Please" He looks at me "I really want to watch the movie"

He looks at me for a couple seconds then sighs "Tell me if it gets bad okay?" He said leaning back to his chair and returned his attention back to the movie.

I nod and started watching too

...

The movie was almost done which means all of the scenes were all jump scares and intense. I cover my eyes, not wanting to see how the character dies.

I felt a warm hand touch my cheek and I already knew who it belonged to. Xander pulls me down to his shoulder and covers my eyes.

I couldn't stop the smile that was forming on my lips. I softly and gently wrap my arms around his left arm and rest my head on his shoulder, embracing the heat that was radiating off his body.

At first he was a bit tense but after a few seconds, his body relaxes and he leans closer to me.

The movie ends after a few minutes and Jase sighs in relief "That was too intense" He said, dramatically trying to catch his breath "You're such a pussy" Gabriel said, throwing a piece of popcorn at Jase.

"Can we watch an action movie now?" Lucas asked, standing at the corner of the room, choosing the next movie. Everyone agreed and the movie started playing

I started shivering a bit and felt like my body was heavy and asleep. I look up at Xander from his shoulder "Do you have blankets inside this room? I feel kinda cold" I said, teeth chattering. Xander immediately stands up and opens a cabinet filled with pillows and blankets

"Grab one for us too" David said. Xander throws a few blankets at them and approaches me, he wraps a thick blanket around me which I gladly and quickly accept "Hold on" He whispered then leaves the room.

I impatiently wait for him to get back

I just want him beside me and keep me warm

He soon comes back with a glass of warm water and medicine "Drink up" I thank him and take the medicine. He watches me as I drink the whole cup of water then he nods approvingly. I bring my knees up to my chest and tightly wrapped the blanket around me.

...

My eyes started getting droopy half way through the movie. I force myself to keep my eyes open and finish the movie but it seems like my eyes had a mind of its own and kept shutting.

I allow them to stay close for a few seconds and felt my head slowly falling. I quickly sat up straight and opened my eyes. I can feel Xander watching me "Come here" He said scooting a little and patting the little available space on his seat. Each lazy boy seat were a bit wider than a normal chair, Andrea and I could fit in one chair but since Xander was huge, he occupied more than half of the seat.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get uncomfortable" I said unsure. He grabs the blanket, gently yanking me forward. I quickly stand up, surprised by his sudden boldness. He continues to yank me towards him, making me sit down beside him. He carefully lifts both of my legs up, making sure that he doesn't hit my rashes and places it on top of his legs.

I can feel my warm cheeks heating up even more.

He wraps an arm around me, making me lay my head on his hard chest "Better?" He muttered on top of my head

Better? This was the best

Alexander Woods really knew how to make a girl swoon

"Much better" I whispered shyly. I can feel him grinning which makes me smile.

He tightens his arm around me making me warmer. I close my eyes and snuggled closer to him if that was even possible since I was literally almost sitting on his lap.

He started making small circles on my arm, relaxing me

I love it when he does that

I can feel the sleepiness coming back but this time I don't fight it

I allow myself to drift off to sleep

in Xander's arms

____________________