Chapter 12

I look at the clock

10:13 p.m

I sighed and sat up. I couldn't sleep, i've been trying for an hour but I just couldn't sleep at all. David said while we were eating dinner that tomorrow we'll be leaving early for our next adventure. First, zip line second, get wasted. I know it sounds weird that I want to get drunk. I'm sure if other people knew they would think that I want to get laid or something. I just want to say the things that i'm too scared to say. And I also just want to know myself more because even I don't know myself that much. I feel like i'm hiding way too many things, like i'm inside a cage but too scared to break free.

I grab my phone and wore my pull over and my slippers. I look at the mirror and scanned myself. I was wearing a light pink shorts and a white pull over. I leave my room quietly trying to not wake them up. I go downstairs and searched for the back door. I look at my left and saw the sliding glass door. I slide the door carefully and immediately felt the cold wind. I shivered a little while closing the door and started walking towards the beach. I saw some people walking around, some were having a bon fire while others were drinking while sitting on the sand. I remove my slippers and let my feet feel the sand. I decided to sit on the sand far away from the other people. I rest my chin on top of my knees while watching the ocean and listening to the waves.

After so many years I can't believe i'm actually having fun in life. Ever since my parents died everyone kept on looking at me as a fragile and lonely girl. I always notice the pity and concern in their eyes whenever they talk to me. But the truth is I don't need pity or concern. I needed someone to actually see me as a normal teenager not someone who lost her parents and is living with her uncle.

"What are you doing here?" I shivered when I heard his low voice. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. "I couldn't sleep" I turn around to face Xander "You?" He was wearing grey shorts with a black shirt and a black jacket on top of it. "I couldn't sleep too" He sat down beside me while looking at the ocean. "How'd you know I was here?" I asked curiously "I was at the balcony then I saw you leave" He said normally. I just nod and continued looking at the ocean. "What are you thinking about?" He asked still not looking at me "How do you know i'm thinking about something?" I said while smiling a little "It's obvious" I sigh "About how people suck" He grins "Yeah, that's true"

"Do you pity me?" I asked seriously, facing him. He looks at me for a moment and then he shook his head "Should I?" He raises his eyebrow "No but everyone does" I said while frowning "Why? Because your parents are gone?" He said not choosing his words carefully and looks at me normally which made me smile. "Yes" He licks his lips "You need fun and happiness instead of pity and pathetic 'I'm so sorry for your loss messages'" I chuckle and nod "Exactly, finally someone understands me" I look at him with admiration. He smiles and stayed silent.

I was trying so hard not to ask about his parents because I didn't want to ruin this moment. "Just tell me, Ely" He said while facing me. "Are you some kind of mind reader or something?" He smiles "You keep biting your lip and playing with your hands. It's obvious you want to tell or ask me something" I look at him and decided to just spill it. "Listen, I know you don't want to talk about your family and trust me you made it very clear when I saw your reaction when I asked you about your parents but I just want you to know that if ever you need someone to talk to..." I look at his eyes seriously "I'm here okay?"

He looks at me for a moment and looked away. We both stayed silent for a moment so I decided to focus on the sound of the crashing waves to calm myself because I was so nervous. "My mom died when I was fifteen, she had cancer but nobody knew" I look at him shocked but immediately covered it up. "She never told anybody because we were out of cash while my dad was busy making money" I look at him confused "But why didn't your dad help you?" His expression hardened "He cheated on mom and left us. When he found out mom died he immediately helped us and paid for her funeral"

"Where is he now?" He scoffs while glaring at the ocean. "Who knows, hell most probably" He said with so much hate. "His dead too?" My eyes widened "No, we don't see each other, last time I saw him I was seventeen" I look at him curiously "How old are you?"

"Twenty three"

"How do you manage to live all by yourself? Do you work or something?" I asked

"I work at my uncle's company" I nod not bothering to ask him why he's working when his dad is rich. "So all of this is your uncle's?" He shook his head "This is mine, I bought it" I nod understanding that he really has a rich family. "Why are you living in a small house when you can live in a house that huge?" I said while pointing at the house we were staying at. He doesn't answer for a moment so I took that as a sign to stop pushing him and stop asking. "Because that's the house where my mom died" I look at him with wide eyes. I open my mouth to say something but no words came out. "Oh" I was about to say sorry but stopped myself. Instead of saying sorry, I give him a cheeky smile "I don't pity you instead I want to give you a high five" I said while raising my right hand. He looks at my hand then looks at me. "It's to congratulate you for being tough, brave and independent and also to remind you that you're strong enough to face any problems on your own and that you don't need pity and 'I'm so sorry for your loss' messages" I said while grinning.

He looks at me and smiles a little. Instead of giving me a high five he grabs my hand and he kisses the top of my hand while looking at me. I could feel my cheeks burning while looking at his beautiful eyes.

"Thank you" He said before standing up and leaving me alone, shock written all over my face.

-----------------------