Chapter 35

I wasn't afraid of drowning

I used to take swimming lessons when I was a child so drowning wasn't an issue, but I still am afraid of the ocean. I open my eyes and looked under me and saw nothing but darkness. The ocean was too wide and deep for my liking. It scared me because I didn't know what was underneath.

I started swimming up to the surface and inhaled once I felt the cold breeze. I look at West who was already holding up a peace sign while forcing a big smile. I wanted to be mad but I couldn't stop the smile that was sneaking its way to my face, when he saw me smiling he started laughing "I'm sorry that was just too funny" He said in between laughs. I started splashing him with water "Hey!" He started driving away a little "Come back here jerk!" I yelled swimming towards him "Make me" He teased driving away slowly.

I groaned, getting tired from trying to stay afloat and swimming "I'm tired" I whined

He chuckles and reaches out his hand, waiting for me

I started swimming towards him slowly and reach out to grab his hand but an intense burning and stinging sensation on my right leg made me jump in shock and pain. I yelped in pain and felt myself sinking in the water but West quickly grabs me by the shoulder and immediately pulls me up to the jet ski.

I was wincing and crying in pain while holding my right leg that was burning and stinging

"Shit!" I heard West yell in panic

My head started throbbing and I started feeling nauseous because of the intense pain that I was feeling

I hear a sound of another jet ski "Kevin!" West yelled loudly "What happened?" Kevin asked

"Lauren got stung by a jellyfish go back to the shore and tell the guards to call for an ambulance now!" I hear Kevin speeding away

"Its hurts" I said groaning in pain

"Hold on, Lauren. We're going back. I got you okay? I got you" He said trying to comfort me but the way he said it wasn't so comforting. West started driving back to the shore like a maniac. All I could hear was the engine and the sound of the wind.

He was going way too fast

I could feel myself throwing up any second now

"We're here! you're going to be okay, you're going to be okay" He said almost like he was talking to himself. I could hear sirens and people gathering

"She's here!" West yelled in a panicked voice. I squint my eyes and saw two paramedics rushing towards me but before they could touch me, I started throwing up.

One paramedic looks at my leg and shakes his head "She needs to get to the hospital immediately, she got stung by two jellyfishes" I force myself to look at my leg and saw a huge rash forming on my thigh and calf "Is she going to be okay?!" West asked panicking "She will be if we bring her now" West helps them carry me to their stretcher and I was immediately brought inside the ambulance.

West goes inside and grabs my hand "I'm so sorry, Lauren" He said worriedly. I started shivering like crazy, I felt like I was going to have a fever

"I-its not your f-fault" I said shivering "Why is she shivering? Is she having a seizure?!" West asked

"Fever is a common side effect of a jellyfish sting" the paramedic said

West runs a hand through his hair and squeezes my hand

"You're going to be okay" I nod slowly and before I knew it, I passed out.