CHAPTER X - LEAVING TONIGHT

'I'm a monster, I killed my parents

'I'm a monster, I killed my parents. I deserve to die.'

I was having a hot shower, the water burning me slightly as it cascaded down my back but it felt good. It felt good to be clean, to be alive. All the dried blood washed away like it was never there and I scrubbed over my shoulder with soap, where the bite had previously been. It had healed but there was a scar. I had never scarred since becoming a supernatural creature but I guess being so close to death it happened. Oh well, it kinda makes me look like a badass.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair in a towel and another around my body but grimaced when the scent of nicotine hit my nostrils. I removed the foul smelling material from my body and grabbed a towel I had brought myself and dried my body. I pulled out my pyjamas, an oversized T-shirt and some shorts. As I was placing the shirt over my head, I could have sworn I heard voices coming from inside the room. I thought nothing of it as I brushed through my hair but then they got louder.

"Can you believe it, our daughter. A monster, destined to be a killer."

I knew that voice anywhere, it was my mom. No it can't be, she's dead. I'm hallucinating, it must be an after effect of the bite.

"I'm not surprised, she let us die. She killed us."

Dad, that was my dad. They were talking about me. I placed the brush down as I opened the bathroom door and peered into the room, empty. Every light was on and there wasn't a single person in the room just like it had been before I got in the shower. "Hello." I called and got no reply. Of course I didn't, nobody's here. I walked over to the window and closed the curtains. I turned back around and screamed at what I saw.

There were my parents bodies, just like the day I had found them but this time sprawled out on my bed. Their bodies charred and covered in ash, hardly recognisable. I ran over to their bodies and began to shake them. This can't be real. I shook them and then they both sat up looking me straight in the eyes.

"Why did you kill us, why didn't you stop him."

"You're a monster, look at you Stiles could never love a monster like you."

"Jackson would be ashamed, his sister murdered her own parents."

"No, you're not real." I said as I shook my head and walked backwards until my back hit the wall. I sat on the ground and pulled my legs to my chest. Why were they saying these things? I didn't kill them, they died in a fire, it was an accident. Who were they talking about?

"Murderer"

"Monster."

"Leave me alone." I cried and then my phone buzzed from beside me and I leant over to grab it. It was a text from Lydia. I looked back over to the bed and they were gone, nowhere to be seen. I wiped away the stray tears that had fallen before reading the text. "Come to our room ASAP. We need to talk." It read and I stood up grabbing my shoes and lacing them up before walking to the girls room.