CHAPTER XXXV - BACK TO DECEMBER

'Don't be fooled, I'm the devil in disguise

'Don't be fooled, I'm the devil in disguise.'

There never was a way to tell how the day would go, how bad or how good it would be, if your heart would be shattered or not. But sometimes you don't feel the pain, at least not as bad as before. At one point it becomes too much and you become numb, you no longer feel anything, just to protect yourself, just because you can't take it any longer and right now, Lilac Collins and Stiles Stilinski were slowly becoming emotionless voids. They were loosing themselves to a monster, they were fighting against themselves and leaving a trail of pain behind.

To everybody they seemed perfect, the way they looked at each other like they were simply the only things in the world, the way their eyes lit up when they connected hands or how their lips fell together so often. To anybody they would have seemed the perfect couple, but they were far from it. They had secrets, secrets from everybody they loved and it was slowly tearing them apart. It was as the time passed, they found themselves drifting away, falling back into a bottomless pit of darkness that was almost impossible to escape.

Their minds were changing, the growing need for power was once again dawning in them and they hated it, they hated that when they looked at each other that only for a moment they saw the monster that had controlled them, made them cause so much pain. Crazy, it wasn't exactly a word used to describe the mentally unstable people of the world, but it was how the two would describe themselves to you. They knew they had lost their minds, that they were fighting a war that they didn't think they would win and that eventually, they would become to weak to fight.

They felt it, the exhaustion, the heavy eyelids and the weight of their muscles pulling them down when they walked. It was something they had become used to, something they found so familiar but also something that scared them. Last time they were so overwhelmed that the fox had gotten into their minds and right now, their biggest fear was for that to happen again.

It we something out of a horror movie, how the windows that scattered the bricked walls showed no signs of light, how cages were laid over each pane of glass and how vines had consumed the entire building. But no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't bring themselves to be scared, there were things that scared them a lot more than a place filled with psychopaths and the mentally insane. They didn't exactly understand how it had gotten this far, how the only thing that seemed to matter was protecting the people they loved.

Eichen House was never a place they thought they would find themselves, but they did.

The two sat in complete silence, they didn't dare look at each other's eyes, sure they would break apart if they did. Tears threatened to spill, the scent of pain and sadness was what filled the air and both of their hands load warm, their fingers being intertwined. It was deafening, the tranquility was too much and each of them didn't know how much longer they could bear it, their brains were screaming for them to speak, but their mouths didn't move. It's like all the words they had ever learnt had simply been erased from their minds, they were blank.