CHAPTER XXII - STUCK WITH ME

'Possessed by evil spirits

'Possessed by evil spirits. I knew it.'

The phones rang and the radios blared around the station as the deputies walked around trying to help with all the crimes occurring in the town. There was an eerie atmosphere in the building, like something big was happening and everybody seemed to know about it. Their badges shining as the sun hit them at the right angle and they smiled as they watched me walk towards the sheriff office with my boyfriend.

Most people knew me and Stiles, mostly Stiles because he was the sheriffs son and nobody ever questioned our random appearances. However, a lot of them were suspicious about us, we have a habit of turning up at places we shouldn't be. Crime scenes were a place of second nature to us, now matter where they occurred over town we were there and it was becoming a pattern that they noticed.

I held a bouquet in my hands, the colours were vibrant and the smell was potent, especially to me and I smiled. They were for Stiles mother, or rather his mother's grave. The family had invited me to come along and I admit I was nervous, I had visited with the two before but it was my first time since becoming Stiles girlfriend and I wanted to make his mother proud.

Even though she wasn't here, I vowed to myself to take care of her son and protect him from harm. She never knew the creature I would become but she always loved me no matter what, she was a second mother just like Melissa and maybe she would have seen me to be a monster but I doubt that.

We opened the door that creaked slightly alerting the man to our presence but still his head didn't turn to our direction as he remained in his spot on the floor as he looked at files, trying to figure them out.

"You know, the last time we brought flowers to her grave, they were stolen the same day. Hundred bucks down the drain." Stiles said aloud but his fathers attention was obviously on something else.

"Well this time it would be me loosing the money so quit it with the worrying Batman." I said and the boy sighed, he had tried multiple times to stop me from paying but I insisted, I wanted to do something special for the first time I'm going to the grave since starting our relationship.

"Hey dad, what is all of this?" Asked the mans son as he gestured to the growing piles of files that sat on the ground in front of him.

"I've been looking over some old cases from a more illuminated perspective, if you know what I mean. Here, a strange sighting of bipedal lizard man sprinting across the freeway. Kanima pile." Noah said as he placed it on a pile.

"Dad, you're not going through all your old cases to see if they are to do with the supernatural. Are you?" Stiles asked the man who looked at us for the first time since we entered the room with a sigh.

"I admit, the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing. There's at least one hundred cases here where I look at the details and I ask myself, 'if I knew what I know now." Stilinski finished as his gaze met mine.