CHAPTER XLIV - ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

"another one bites the dust

"another one bites the dust."

They say when we go without something for so long, sometimes we forget how much we need them, we forgot how much at one point our whole life revolves around that one thing, or in Stiles Stilinski's case a person. Because it was the longer he spent without Lilac Collins the more he began to feel lost, that he began to almost forget the feeling of her lips on his, it was as each second passed, he missed her more, he craved her more, she was the one thing he could never live without. There had been moments, moment since he became himself again he pondered the possibility he f what was to come, that maybe the one thing he needed was gone, but he couldn't believe it, none of them wanted to. And it was the closer the pack got to Oak Creek, that Scott McCall began to feel strange, like something inside of him was changing, and his mind couldn't help but think, maybe it was happening to Lilac too.

Pathetic fallacy was a term used to describe how the weather fit the mood, a way in which writers used how the sky looked to give the characters emotion, whether it was raining, snowing or the sun was shining upon them, it always seemed to fit how the people were feeling. It seemed that gloomy days filled with rain and lightening and thunder happened when the worst things did, it seemed that when the sun shone brightly and covered the ground with sunlight that everybody seemed to be filled with joy and when the wind would blow, nipping at their faces, that something was stirring, it was kind of like the Darach, who at the time had been the most scary villain they had fought, they watched as Jennifer Blake covered their town with whatever weather she wanted to scare them, and it felt that right now, somehow, void was doing the same.

And as the McCall pack sat, in that rusted old jeep, it seemed pathetic fallacy was something that was coming to life, and although the sky wasn't as gloomy as they had seen it before and even though the ground wasn't covered in puddles of water from the falling rain, there was something about the way the sky around them looked as the sun began to set that put them on edge, something that made the atmosphere in the car that little more tension filled. Nobody knew exactly what it was they were walking into, or what to expect, it was in these past weeks they had truly began to see that nothing was unexpected and that Lilac would stop at nothing, each of them, no matter how much they loved the vampire, each one of them was scared, no only for themselves, but for her. Because that moment, the one they knew would happen after turning back on her humanity, that was the moment they were dreading, the one nobody was ready to see.

It was always the hardest moment, watching somebody you love fall apart.

"Hey you okay?" And everybody in that car could have laughed, at the irony of the question that had fallen from the pale boys lips, it felt as if he was the one person that didn't need to ask that, instead he was the one that should have been on the receiving end of it. Everybody in the car knew it, everybody there could smell it, the scent of what seemed like death, one similar to the missing vampires, except it wasn't coming from her, it was coming from the boy that was driving.