CHAPTER XXVII - MY STRANGE ADDICTION

'Don't be jealous, it's not our fault you're not getting laid

'Don't be jealous, it's not our fault you're not getting laid.'

It was another day of high school, another day of my eyes becoming heavy as I listen to the teacher drown on about something that I will probably never need in my future. My head ached, the pain seemed to cover my brain and it was becoming rather frustrating, my body was extremely exhausted and my mind seemed to be scrambled as I couldn't seem to concentrate properly on anything.

This morning had been rather strange, I had awoken to the smell of bleach, my hands having a slight burn to them as they seemed to be covered by chemicals and my palm was gripping tightly to a key. The key was nothing unusual, the silver metal was the same as any other except I have no idea where it came from. I had never seen the object before, it didn't fit my house door or anybodies that I knew but I had a suspicion that Stiles might know.

My hands had been scrubbed frantically, they beginning to bleed from the excessive amounts of rough handling but they were now fine and no longer covered by the potent smell of chemicals. My mind ran possibilities, sleep walking and cleaning or maybe I killed somebody in my sleep. I don't know but something in my mind told me not to tell anybody about it. My feet carried themselves through the halls and my gaze was intently on my shoes that were covered by mud.

"Class starts in five, just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school." The loud voice of coach blasted through the halls as he held a loud speaker in his palms, the noise startling me slightly. My minds began to wander back to the events of last night and how Kira should have died until they were cut off by the sound of a certain boy.

"That was a triple negative. Very impressive coach." Stiles voice sounded as his body appeared next to mine and his hand slipped into mine.

"Copy that." The man shouted back, the bass of the speaker sending vibrations through my entire body. The sound of a clank bought me back to reality, my eyes looked down to the key that had fallen from my pocket as the boy picked it up into his hands.

"You dropped this." He said, his eyes scanning it intently. "What's this for?"

"I have no idea, I found it this morning in my room and I thought it might be yours." I spoke, the boy shook his head at my words.

"Where did you come from?" He asked the piece of metal as we began to walk side by side.

"Stiles, it can't talk." I said, my tone was obviously jokey.

"I know that love, but I have no idea what this if for. Guess we'll have to find out." He replied as he put it away onto his own keys and left me wondering where I had gotten that key from. Both of our gazes wandered over to our best friend, his eyes trailing down the hall to a certain girl that we had yet to decide whether or not would be a threat to us. The alpha began to walk in her direction before a hand was placed on his chest stopping him from a potentially fatal decision.