CHAPTER XLIII - FEMALE ROBBERY

"the crazy redhead who hears voices in her head

"the crazy redhead who hears voices in her head."

Waiting had never been something the McCall pack had been good at, they had never been good at sitting still waiting for news, there life was always moving at a pace that was considered fast to others, they didn't have time to wait, the time they spent sitting in waiting rooms or waiting for an APB on a car, was time they could be spending searching, looking for their best friend and girlfriend, it was more time they sat wondering if one of them was dead, because at this point in their lives, nothing seemed impossible. And as Stiles Stilinski sat in his dads office his leg bounced anxiously, waiting for news on his girlfriend, Scott McCall was pacing back and forth, waiting to hear footsteps of the deputy with news about his sister, Noah Stilinski, sat silently at his desk, head in his hands waiting for news on his daughter.

Nobody spoke, instead the silence over them was deafening enough, they couldn't bring themselves to say anything because their mouths simply wouldn't open, they thought everything would be over when they brought Stiles and Lilac back but it seemed that they still had a long way to go. Each of them were now equally exhausted even if they refused to admit it. They felt guilty for feeling pained when the two girls were out there, waiting for somebody to save them, even if one of them didn't want to be saved. They couldn't help but think about how guilty Lilac was going to feel the moment she flipped that switch back, they didn't know if they were ready for it.

"Sheriff, Meredith Walker." Came the voice of Jordan Parrish as he walked into the office, his gaze moving from each face in the room till he met the sheriff's, the relieved part of the deputy that had appeared after Stiles had shown up again was now gone, instead replaced with a feeling of dread, a strange feeling he couldn't quite put his finger on now that Lilac Collins was missing, the same girl that always greeted him kindly as she passed his desk and the girl he had heard so many things about from the other deputies. And even though the news he was bringing them wasn't exactly good, it was better than nothing.

"She's still there?" The sheriff asked wanting to break the short silence that was looming over them, he could tell that not only his but his sons patience was growing thin on finding the two missing girls, he didn't know how much time his son could last in his current state without his girlfriend. The question snapped the deputy stood in his doorway back to reality as he nodded his head, a feeling of relief washing over the boy who had met her, it wasn't a win yet but it was his next move.

"Yeah but they moved her to the closed unit." The man explained, to him it didn't seem like great news but still he watched as the three hung to his every word, watching his mouth move with every letter, and even though Jordan Parrish knew nothing of the supernatural that was infiltrating the place he lived, he knew there was more to this than they let on, that there was something he wasn't being told.