CHAPTER XI - TEENAGE DREAM

'In fact, you almost killed me

'In fact, you almost killed me. Now I want to kill you.'

The weather in Beacon Hills was bad. Actually bad is an understatement. The rain was torrential and the winds were so strong that they could blow a person away. The power had gone out in most of the town and the hospital was one of the only buildings now with working lights. Melissa was on her shift tonight and Scott being the great son he is decided that he was going to bring her some dinner and me being the great friend I am, decided to tag along.

Me and Scott walked in the front entrance and it was chaos. Patients and staff running around, a massive accident must have taken place for this many people to be here at once. The woman appeared from the sea of people and smiled upon noticing us before walking in our direction. She looked tired, like there was nothing more she wanted than to be sat at home with her son and watching the bit instead she was here rushed off her feet.

The boy held out his hand showing his mother the food we had brought her and she smiled brightly at the both of us. "Oh thank god I'm starving." She said as she looked in the bag to see exactly what we had brought. Melissa turned and placed her food onto the reception desk, she didn't have time to eat so it would have to be later. Scott hated seeing his mom so stressed and overworked. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Thanks for bringing me dinner my darling son and beautiful daughter that isn't actually my daughter."

"Is everything ok here Melissa?" I asked and she sighed as she took a look around. Scott nodded his head in agreement with my question.

"Except for half of the accident victims from a ten car pile up being rerouted from downtown to here and the ER attending not answering his pages. Everything's great." Said the woman sarcastically.

"What does not answering pages mean?" Asked Scott. You would think with his mom being a nurse, he would know these things but apparently not. The woman looked over at her son.

"It means that nobody can find him so now we have to wait for the on call doctor to get here." She said as she grabbed a clipboard from the desk and began to read through the list of patients that need to be treated. I felt guilty, I think Scott felt it too. We had supernatural healing and don't end up in the hospital, these people however don't have that ability.

"Miss." Said a woman who seemed to be a patient as she held her arm and seemed to be in a lot of pain.

"Yes?" Melissa asked the woman in her usual kind tone.

"Excuse me but please, is there anything for the pain." She asked and the woman sighed knowing that the answer was not one she wanted to give.

"Oh, I'm really sorry but giving you something could actually complicate things so we really just need to wait for the doctors okay?" Melissa told her and the woman sighed but nodded nonetheless knowing that it wasn't the nurses fault before turning and walking back to her seat she was previously sat quietly waiting to be seen. "How much longer on Dr Hilyard?" She asked another nurse who looked just as fed up and overworked as Melissa.