Intruder

The last week had been hectic. Dan and Phil were preparing to leave for Playlist Live, which meant I was either going to be with my mum, or I would be in the flat by myself for two weeks. We all decided that two weeks was definitely too much of a risk for me to be with my mum in case Dylan decided to come back early, so they'd been making sure there was enough food in the house for me, along with money in case of emergencies and a long list of people to contact in case anything went wrong. Although most of them were YouTubers and were likely to be at Playlist as well. But I did have Sarah's number, so that was an option.

"Jay are you completely sure you're going to be alright?" Phil asked as they packed their clothes into one big suitcase,
"Phil, I'll be fine. I used to look after myself when I lived with mum anyway, don't worry about me." Dan smiled at me as he stood up,
"It's our job to worry about you, Jay."
"I know," I smiled at him, "I just want you to know I'll be okay. I promise."
"We know." Phil kissed my forehead, "You're sure you don't need anything else before we go, right? Bread? Milk? Undeveloped chicken foetuses?" Dan laughed a little,
"I've got enough of everything to feed a family of ten. Also, normal people call them eggs, Dan." He smiled and shrugged at me before zipping up the suitcase and standing it by the bedroom door, ready to leave for the next day.

Dan and Phil left really early the next day. They did come in to say goodbye, but I think I was too tired to comprehend what was happening. When I went into the kitchen there was a note which made me smile to myself:
Jay,
Please don't burn the flat down if you can help it. You can have friends over- just don't make a mess... or at least clean up afterwards. Also, no Supernatural spoilers when we get back. We love you! Back soon.
Dan and Phil xxx

It was really weird making only one cup of coffee for a change, and I may have gone overboard with pancake mixture. There was definitely enough for more than one person.

I decided to make a YouTube video because I was bored. I hoped Dan and Phil would get a chance to watch it while they were away- especially because it was mostly about them anyway. I mean, it included my whole Jess drama as well. The 'homework' of the video was to leave a comment talking about a time they liked someone who didn't like them back and how they got over it.

During a Supernatural marathon, my phone went off. I'd really hoped it was Jess, so I launched myself fifty feet across the living room to get to it. I wasn't disappointed as such, but I think I probably would've been happier if it had been Jess. It was a text from Sean. We'd hardly spoken since I met up with him all those months ago, and I was pretty surprised at the message.

Text.
From: Sean
Message:
Hey, Jay. I'm sorry about you and Jess... that's a shame. You two were really cute together. I'm not texting because I want to hook up or anything, that would be a dick move. I just wondered if you need a friend to hang out with or something? I'm always here. And sorry I haven't texted, I've been meaning to for ages but you know what it's like with coursework and all that stuff. Anyway, I'm free this evening so if you wanna hang out or talk or just vent about anything then I'm right here. I think I fail at short messages so I'm sorry if I annoy you ;-; ok bye.
Totally platonic love, Sean xx

He was really sweet. I actually really liked getting long messages. It was starting to get boring in the flat by myself. It seemed huge when there was only one person in it. I decided it would be nice to hang out with someone new. Especially considering Janis wasn't really speaking to me since I'd exploded at her a few weeks before.

Sean came over at about four. Once again, it took a few minutes before I was totally comfortable around him, but once I was, he was great fun to talk to. I wondered why I'd failed to text him since we hung out last. He was awesome, he could hold actual conversations about actual things and didn't just sexualise everything. He supported the LGBT community and he was just generally a nice person to be around. I found myself trusting him as well. We talked about everything.