I Hate The Ending Myself

Endings, right? It's like saying goodbye. Nobody really enjoys them, because what are you going to do once it's all finished? You're supposed to tie up all the loose ends and answer any remaining suspicions, I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be some kind of message or something... but that's just not life. See, a message would be like a reason to the whole story; like a meaning to life. Tying loose ends is like, stuff you gotta do before you die, it makes it seem that much more... fictional. No. Nobody gets those extra few days to tie up loose ends. Nobody gets to know the meaning behind it all. Just, nothing. It's over and that's it.

Endings are like dying. There's nothing that happens afterwards. Watch how the rest of the book stays silent after you read this, no more sound, no more running or hiding. We're all safe now. When Dan died, he went quietly. He went out with the words of a song that told us to keep strong. He gave us all hope when there was none. Dan Howell is a hero, whether he realised it or not. I knew it, Phil knew it. I'm sure that the whole phandom knew it. A lot of us wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Dan and Phil- I know I fall under that category. I was slowly giving up when I found their videos, it was like drowning, and then being pulled back up again. Regardless, endings are a bitch. You close the book and then you kind of realise, oh boy, it's all over. That's it, what do you do with your life? Well, I'd tell you to go write that essay or finish your calculus homework but let's be honest, you're probably not going to, are you? Didn't think so.

I'd like to tell you the meaning of all this, but I can't really think of anything. I mean, what is there to summarise? I guess there's all my friends and stuff, are Jess and I going to get back together? What happened to Dylan? What about my dad? Do I still go and visit my mum? Maybe there is a lot to tie up... but no. I'd rather just stop, y'know. Take a break for a while. You need to get on with that essay and stop procrastinating over it. So I could go on and on about endings and saying goodbye to you all, but let's face it: it's never really goodbye, is it?

Now go do your homework.

Author's Note:

Don't look at me like that, I know this is sad. Stop glaring at me. Stop it. You're still glaring at me, aren't you? Well then. Okay.

Anyway. Endings really are a bitch. I was pretty reluctant to finish this chapter and put "completed" on it. But hey, I might write a sequel at some point. I've become very emotionally attached to these characters tbh. We'll just see what happens, I guess. Like Jay said, there is still quite a lot to tie up.

So guys, if you like this book then please feel free to go vote on all the chapters you might've missed by accident, that would mean a lot to me. OK. Well. It's over guys, this book is officially over.

I hope you have a great day or night or whatever it is wherever you are. Bye!

~Castiel  xx