01

"Who the fuck is Marcus?"

I stared back and forth between the two boys, lost at how this was happening.

My ex boyfriend and his best friend were moving in, two doors down from me.

Ok.

Ok.

Calm down.

"What are you doing here?" It came out ruder than expected, but I don't really care.

"What are you doing here? And who is Marcus? You've moved on already to some college guy?" Jack said as I felt Johnson slowly creep away.

"I live here! And what's it to you? It's been a year." I stated, crossing my arms.

I swear I could punch the wall right now.

The elevator dinged and out stumbled Margo, I pushed past Jack to help the blind drunk, but well dressed guy.

I helped him inside and into his bed where he fell right on his face and into sleep.

I walked back outside and started to walk back to my place when I say Jacks stunned face.

"That's Marcus. And he's gay."

His eyes widened and he slowly started to walk back to Johnson.

How was this happening?

-
-
-

In my early morning rush the next day, I had completely forgotten about the drama last night.

A piece of toast in my mouth and my books and laptop in my hand I rushed out the door, not wanting to be late.

"In a rush babe?"

I sighed, annoyed and spun on my heel to face a very shirtless Jack.

Well I can't say I don't miss that.

"I'm going to be late." I said, looking up to him.

"Can we talk later?" He asked.

"About what?" I huffed, chewing on my toast.

He looked down to his feet and shrugged.

"I can't do this now. Later. You have my number."

I walked away before he could say anything else, but under all the anger and hurt and how much it took to leave him, that smile that was plastered on his face when I looked back sparked something.