02

It was awkward. Really awkward.

I ran into both Jacks more than I thought I would and it mainly consisted of weird small talk or silent elevator trips.

Jack knocked on my door that night. Of course I let him in, but I explained that I didn't have time for a boyfriend.

Studying to become a midwife is hard and I have weekly tests that I constantly need to study for. Plus my part time job at a garage shop down the block so I can half manage school fees.

He said he understood but there was no mistake the hurt in his eyes. It was like leaving him at the airport all over again.

I'm studying now, with Lacey, for a test I have on Monday. My Friday nights aren't very social anymore. I told her about Jack and she understood at why I did what I did.

By ten she'd left and I was alone, occasionally reading through my notes while watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

I heard a knock on my door and huffed as I forced myself from my comfy couch and over to the door. I opened it, but saw no one.

Bert's grandkids must being staying the weekend.

But then I looked down and saw a bouquet of flowers.

But not just any flowers, my favourite; white roses.

I picked them up, peering down the hallway. I searched for a card and it read.

I had my way with you once, I'll get it again.