03

I turned the card over and over wondering why the hell someone had sent this to me. I looked down the hallway again and again, waiting for the cameras to pop out and for people to say it was a joke.

I didn't care what the time was, but bouquet and card in hand I walked up the hall to Jacks place.

I knocked on the door, still really confused and Johnson answered.

He rubbed his eyes and peered out the door to me. "Al, it's almost midnight." He said sleepily. I nodded, but pushed passed him and through the apartment to where I thought Jacks room might be.

I opened the door and saw him sleeping on a double bed. His room was messy, like it always was.

I put the flowers on the bed next to him and he woke up and looked to me just as confused as Johnson was.

"What's this?" I asked, pointing to the flowers.

"Flowers, I'm guessing. I thought you were smart. Isn't that why you left it college?" He said sarcastically, rolling over.

"I know that. But I thought I told you that this wasn't going to work. So now you decide to just dump a bouquet of flowers at my door with a creepy ass note." I stated, pushing his shoulder so he would face me again.

He laughed, sitting up and taking the flowers from his bed and giving them back to me. "It wasn't me that left them."

"What?"

He chuckled. "Alexis, some people do have admirers. Baby, yours just decided to be nice."

My heart fluttered when he called me baby.

But I shook my head, "But. Who? If not you who? Read the damn note." I said, getting impatient with all this.

He picked the the card up and read it.

"That's messed up. Um. That's really scary." He said, concern filling his eyes.

I nodded and started to walk back out the door.

Since it wasn't him, who the hell would it be?

"Wait, Al. It might be just a joke from someone. But if it isn't this is scary. Stay here." Jack blurted out.

"What? No. I'm capable of looking after myself. I have been for almost two years." I said, backing away towards his door.

"No. I mean it. I'm not letting you by yourself. I think I know who it might be." He said, taking the flowers from my had and dumping them in the bin. "Please Al, Id never forgive myself if something happened." He said, grabbing my wrist as I turned.

"Who?"

"Taylor."