08

After what felt like forever I stood up from the bed and quickly ran through my door, to see Jack in the kitchen, messing around with a frypan and pancakes.

While his back was turned I sat down on the counter and watched his bare back.

He turned with the frypan and jumped when he saw me.

"Ha. I thought you were gonna through it at me." I said trying to lift the mood.

He didn't say anything, yet tipped the pancakes into a plate, before turning back to the stove and pouring more.

"It was hard for me too, you know. It took everything for me to leave you at that airport." I said quietly.

His head turned back to me but he didn't make eye contact. He looked back down to the frypan without a word.

"I mean that. All I did was study. I didn't talk to anyone for a long time. I wanted to go back, to visit, but it was hard. Jack, I haven't even seen my dad for two years. When I saw you in the hallway I was just so angry. Not at you, but at me. Everything was coming back to me. I was slowly getting over it and when you stood there in front of me, I remembered everything. How much I missed you. Your lips. Your touch." I stopped myself before I burst into tears again and looked down into my lap, strands of hair falling from behind my ear.

We stayed quiet, the only sound was the pancakes sizzling.

I was numb and I didn't know what to do until I felt Jack tilting my chin up, wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

I looked up to him, concentrating on his eyes.

Then his lips came crashing down on mine.